PDA

View Full Version : Ponchos in December?

rnin02
11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
This is our first trip in December (and our first trip in 5 years!) so I am not sure about the weather. I know it changes fairly frequently, and can be varied day to day, and even during the day. Typically we go in September, and ponchos are a necessity...my DH and I have lightweight ones we can just fold up and tuck in the smallish bag we carry, so if I bring ours they won't take up too much room, so no big deal if I take them and we don't need them. But for 4 year old DS I don't have a poncho, he has a thicker raincoat, with a thin lining and heavier plastic, I don't think it would fold up very small.

Should we make an effort to find a thin poncho for him for this trip? Or is the rain pattern just different in December and you don't need the ponchos that much? Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Even though you (might) need them less in December, I'd get a cheap plastic one that you can just slip on if needed.

They are only about a $1 at dollar stores (or walmart), and if you don't use it will keep for a future trip, but if you need it it saves the $$ of buying one at Disney.

Strmchsr
11-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree with Heather's suggestion. You don't have the regular afternoon thunderstorms like in September so it's not a given you'll need ponchos. Mostly the rain that comes in December is from cold fronts and there's usually a chance of those at least once a week. But, check the forecast thread to be sure. It's been pretty dry lately and you might not need them at all.

Yo Mickey!
11-25-2012, 11:51 AM
like others have said, we rarely see rain in early dec like we do at other times of the year. but...better safe than sorry. pack a small poncho and you will be good to go.

steamboat willy
11-25-2012, 12:42 PM
We're also coming early December instead of September this year. We'll have our ponchos in our day pack, but will also have a little heavier rain gear packed with other clothes just in case. Like Heather & Stormchaser said, go get the little one and pack with yours.
Enjoy his First Trip....It will be Amazing!:pirate::yoda::popcorn::train::mickey2:
:pooh::smickey::balloon:

debbymc4
11-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Ponchos are good to have for water rides, too. In case it's on the cooler side, you'll be glad to not be walking around with a wet butt.