PDA

View Full Version : TS - Breakfast?

Maleficent_vf
11-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Looking for opinions - what would be your choice for the best table service breakfast at WDW?

Thanks!

faline
11-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Favorites for me are Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-25-2012, 09:47 AM
It depends, are you looking for a character meal, or a quieter meal outside of the parks?

For us, we love Tusker House, the food is great, there are a couple of different items and the service has always been great.

TheDuckRocks
11-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Favorites for me are Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Those are our 2 favorites.

ElenitaB
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
CS -- Wolfgang Puck Express

TS -- Olivia's (though I'm looking forward to trying Grand Floridian Cafe)

phillydan
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
CS - The French Bakery (Pattiserie) at Epcot; unfortunately, it has to be a late breakfast / early lunch due to the later opening time for World Showcase; I always get the quiche!

CS - Starring Rolls at DHS is the next favorite and is open at rope drop. Lots of choices (sandwiches, bakery items, bagels) and fills you up.

CS - Honorable mention is Main Street Bakery in MK; always enjoyed it, but last time we went is was nothing special (standard fare). Might be interesting to see what happens when it becomes Starbux.

TS- Character Meal - 1900 Park Faire at GF. Excellent buffet and worth the trip to see the Mad Hatter.

TS - non Character Meal - Haven't found anything that stands out, but we usually do not do TS for breakfast now that the kids are older.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Kona has the best food!

RedSoxFan
11-27-2012, 09:51 PM
We had breakfast last week at Kona Cafe. It was so delicious. It was our first time eating breakfast there. I had the Tonga Toast (yummy); DD16 had chocolate chip pancakes and DH had the steak and eggs. We would eat there again!!

DizneyRox
11-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best breakfast on property, IMHO. Selection and service have always been tops for us.

mom2morgan
11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Another vote for Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe, if you are looking for good food in a nice atmosphere. If you want characters and excitement, not so much. Personally, I can't handle too much chaos at breakfast ;-)

lightyearfan
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Looking for opinions - what would be your choice for the best table service breakfast at WDW?

Thanks!

well this is a toughy, but for me and dw it has to be Kona Cafe at the Poly,a close 2nd would have to be Boma's at AK lodge it used to Boatwrights until for some reason they decided to cancel they're breakfest service.

Victor

jnfr2424
12-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Another Vote for Kona
we ate there 3 times during our vacation last week

MrPeetrie
12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Another vote for Grand Floridian Cafe.

DisneyDawgette
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is the best breakfast on property, IMHO. Selection and service have always been tops for us.

Second this! Love the Safari! :)

And I know it's not everyone's favorite, but Crystal Palace for breakfast has been a favorite of our family for years. It's become tradition and we love it! Also, I love Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast ONLY. Heard rave things about Kona as well! :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
12-05-2012, 12:26 AM

DizneyRox, where is this, if you don't mind me asking?

DizneyRox
12-05-2012, 07:34 AM
It's at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom... Hugely popular, tough to get a reservation...

MrPeetrie
12-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Thanks, DizneyRox. Is it a character breakfast?

disneydeb
12-07-2012, 08:30 AM
We just got back. I loved thre Safari breakfast! The ham from the carving board was he most delicious I have ever had, and the juice was WONDERFUL! It is one of the only places to get Daisy Duck's autograph too!!:mickey:

SBETigg
12-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Another vote for Grand Floridian Cafe.

And another. I love it. Kouzzina is supposed to have a really good breakfast, too, but I haven't tried it.

brownie
12-11-2012, 07:56 AM
We've had breakfast at Boma on our last two trips and have really enjoyed it. It's a buffet at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's not a character breakfast. It was pretty quiet and not crowded, which made it a great place to start the day. The food was excellent both times and the juice they serve which is a mix of orange, guava, and some other juices is very good.

We've also enjoyed Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It is a character breakfast. The food has always been good and it's not overly crowded if you get an advance dining reservation for the restaurant opening time.

Thanks, DizneyRox. Is it a character breakfast?

Yes, Donald's Safari Breakfast is a character breakfast.

BrerGnat
12-11-2012, 08:02 AM
If you'd like the buffet set up without characters and the high price tag, try Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club.

We had a wonderful meal and experience there last December. Great food and VERY reasonable for a buffet. You can also order a la carte.

slegrant
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
For a buffet you could try Trails End at Fort Wilderness, they have lots of choices and it's delicious. Great atmosphere as well:mickey: