PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from AK to MK

IloveJack
11-22-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm dreaming about a trip next December (still unsure if it'll happen), and thinking about planning park days. I'd like to do MVMCP on an AK night, as AK closes at 5pm, and that'd still leave time for the party. Is there direct bus transportation from AK to MK? If not, what would be the quickest route? AK to AKL, to MK; or AK to a monorail resort to MK?

And, depending on transportation, would we be able to leave AK at 5pm and be at MK within an hour? I want to be able to get dinner before the party starts.

Oh, and we're planning for the 2nd week of December, so I'm not terribly worried about crowds.

Itchy
11-22-2012, 06:50 PM
I am not sure if there is a direct bus to the MK, but if not I would take a bus to the Contemporary Resort and walk to MK or take the Monorail. The walk would be quicker though. If your party is not up to the short walk I would take the bus to the Poly resort and then the monorail as it would be closer to MK.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-22-2012, 07:00 PM
There is a direct bus from DAK to MK. Just follow the signs to get to it. You should be able to get to MK within an hour and grab some supper. The restaurants can be pretty crowded during that time as regular MK guests are eating and a lot of folks use their MVMCP ticket to get in at 4 just so they can eat supper before the party. So plan on it taking some extra time to eat.

wdwfansince75
11-22-2012, 07:02 PM
The Disney buses run from AK to the CR, the Poly, the GF, and to the TTC...you can catch the monorail at any of these, or the ferry from the TTC to MK, or walk from the CR. Any of these can be done within an hour...be flexible, and just take the next bus to any of the four...Unless you plan a specific resort for dinner.

Niecyboo
11-23-2012, 03:01 PM
In the past we have taken a direct bus between MK and AK but on our last trip when we tried going from MK to AK mid-day we were told we had to take the monorail to the TTC and get a bus to AK from there. We decided to walk to Contemporary and then take the bus. I think that would be your best option if possible, unless they decide to run direct buses from AK to MK for the party.