PDA

View Full Version : Is the Boardwalk view worth it?

epceddie
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
My wife and I just booked a three-night stay at Boardwalk Villas with a boardwalk view. I've been reading about the resort and have come across some negative reviews. Is staying here worth it? This is one of the resorts we have wanted to stay at for a long time now and we're wondering if the boardwalk view is going to be worth it.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had the boardwalk view in terms of pros and cons.
Any and all help will be appreciated, because I'm considering cancelling the reservation and switching to the Wilderness Lodge.

Maleficent_vf
11-22-2012, 12:26 AM
We LOVE the Boardwalk...so much that I can't get the rest of my group to stay anywhere else (I'd at least like to try WL or AKL. Anyway...) Can't comment on the boardwalk view as we've just always gone with standard view.

We love the atmosphere at BW and the easy access to Epcot (fav park) and DHS. There are also a number of nice restaurants - since we're a party of kids over 40, food is a big part of every trip! :thumbsup: Plus, there's "nightlife" - Jelly Rolls and Atlantic Dance, as well as boardwalk entertainers.

We have never had a bad experience there. :number1:

TinkerbellT421
11-22-2012, 10:04 AM
DBF and I love the Boardwalk!!! and we especially love the Boardwalk View. It's beautiful especially at night. I love standing on the patio and just watching, watching the nightlife on the Boardwalk, the view, etc. we keep saying we are going to try other places, but we can't seem to get ourselves to peel away from there. Every trip we calculate other places, and then come reservation time we hem and haw and go back to the Boardwalk. Can't beat the location, with it being so close to Epcot. This upcoming trip we were able to get a preferred view and wait listed for boardwalk view. A couple of weeks ago, we got the greatest email confirming our Boardwalk View! It came through!!! we were so excited!!

MrPeetrie
11-24-2012, 08:14 AM
We haven't stayed there in a while, but the experience still rates as one of our best on property.

At check-in, we received a surprise upgrade to a water view on the third floor. The view was spectacular. One night, after spending g the day at Epcot, then shopping at the Boardwalk, my DW and I got two beers, a slice of pizza apiece, and just relaxed on the patio. It was very nice.

Of course, that was before we had kids...

epceddie
11-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the great replies!
I've been wanting to stay at the Boardwalk Inn for quite some time, but we haven't been able to pull ourselves away from Old Key Wes, where we have a DVC membership. But, it's always good to try new places and the Boardwalk sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Next on our list are the Poly and the Wilderness Lodge. In addition to OKW, we honeymooned at Saratoga Springs and we've also stayed at Caribbean Beach and Pop Century.

Yo Mickey!
11-24-2012, 06:49 PM
we own at bwv and love it. however, the boardwalk view is not our favorite. the view is spectacular and i would stay there every time -- but what comes about midnight has woken us up about 50% of the time. i have no issues with the jellyrolls, etc and we partake in a few beverages too. but it can get loud out there after individuals start heading back to their rooms.

the view is great, the noise is not so great sometimes. with that being said, we have a bw view booked for next year at F&W already.

Yo Mickey!
11-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the great replies!
I've been wanting to stay at the Boardwalk Inn for quite some time, but we haven't been able to pull ourselves away from Old Key Wes, where we have a DVC membership. But, it's always good to try new places and the Boardwalk sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Next on our list are the Poly and the Wilderness Lodge. In addition to OKW, we honeymooned at Saratoga Springs and we've also stayed at Caribbean Beach and Pop Century.

as an aside, i'd take the energy of the boardwalk/epcot area over any other part of disney world for fun. you are going to have a blast.

jnfr2424
11-25-2012, 07:57 AM
We stayed in October and was upgraded to a Boardwalk view our too was right above Flying Fish talk about the best seat in the house!! We got to see the performers from a birds eye view plus I love hearing the friendships boats come in and out all day long
I would not think twice to return here once again

epceddie
11-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Thank you everyone! I always get useful and informative replies on Intercot!!!!!!!!

Disney Doll
11-27-2012, 10:07 AM
We stayed in the villas with a Boardwalk view in May. Just below the crest of the wave. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed it. We spent our first evening watching the EPCOT fireworks from the balcony and it was a very magical start to the trip. I also liked sitting out there with my tablet after the kids were in bed. It's a gorgeous view and most especially at night. The noise never bothered us, but we sleep with a white noise machine.

buzznwoodysmom
11-27-2012, 12:10 PM
The Boardwalk is a place we've wanted to stay for a long time too. We finally added a night at the end of our Aug. trip to include one night in a studio at the Boardwalk. My kids had always wanted to swim in the pool there so I figured what better way to check out a new resort and let the kids finally get to use the pool here.

I have to say our only saving grace was the wonderful Boardwalk view we had from our room. We looked out over the boardwalk and had a clear view of spaceship earth. The resort as a whole just didn't do it for us. The pool was tiny, and my kids were not at all impressed with this pool they had their eyes on for so long. I can't really pin point any solid complaints we had, it's just not for us.

We would much rather stay at BC or YC and visit the Boardwalk for a meal or to enjoy the Boardwalk entertainment. Those resorts, and pools, are much better in my opinion.

epceddie
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Every resort has its pros and cons. We're excited about the Boardwalk Inn because we've never stayed there before. We're DVC members at Old Key West. To get a Boardwalk room with a view of Spaceship Earth would be a dream come true.
Thanks again to everybody who replied to this post. Intercot is the best!

Aurora
11-29-2012, 09:37 AM
We love the Boardwalk -- it's one of our favorites. So much so that if we don't stay there, our children insist on just visiting. It's so much of an attraction for them that they would miss it if we didn't see it once a trip.

We've never had a Boardwalk view but have had a pool view, which is also a lot of fun. (I do have to say, though, that although the kids like the pool, it is not one of my favorites because of the clown theme. :eek:)