PDA

View Full Version : TiW card question

Aurora
11-21-2012, 08:51 AM
We're considering getting the TiW card for dining instead of the dining plan, but I'm confused about the cards. I know the first card is $75 and then you can get a second one for $50 for a spouse, but why would you want to? I understand that the cardholder gets the discount for everyone at the table, so what is the benefit of a second card if you're adding that much cost? :confused:

Melanie
11-21-2012, 09:02 AM
If you are all together, there is no reason to get a second card.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Exactly! You would only need a second card if you're planning on splitting up for meals.

DizneyRox
11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
They don't want people sharing them, that's why it's so expensive. You only need one, if everyone eats together.

TinkerbellT421
11-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Or you would need a second card if your party is going to be more than 10 people. If your party is going to be 10 or less, then you definitely only need one. It's only a cheesy paper card, so be very cautious of not losing it as in order to replace it it will cost you an additional 50.00.

Melanie
11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
It's only a cheesy paper card, so be very cautious of not losing it as in order to replace it it will cost you an additional 50.00.

Off topic, but I HATE that. No reason why in this day and age that the cards can't be tracked via computer. They will replace lost APs, so there is no reason they couldn't do the same with TiW.

TinkerbellT421
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Off topic, but I HATE that. No reason why in this day and age that the cards can't be tracked via computer. They will replace lost APs, so there is no reason they couldn't do the same with TiW.

Ugh!!! I KNOW!! When they told us that I did the confused puppy dog look and went "heh?" I just couldn't understand why. Especially seeing they asked for our annual pass/dvc/licenses (yes all three), to activate the card....I don't get it.

Sorry to continue the off topic-ness lol

DizneyRox
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
The reason is they probably can't deactivate them if "lost". Once people find that out, they would have surely abused the system. A large replacement fee keeps that in check.

There are no biometrics associated with the TiW. Anyone could actually use it. An AP is useless to anyone but the person(s) who match the TicketTag. Chances of two people matching and one finding the other's ticket is slim. Nothing is in place to stop Guest X from finding a TiW in the bathroom and attempting to use it for dinner at Narcoossees.

jnfr2424
11-22-2012, 01:17 AM
I get the hard plastic one from snail mail I am not a big fan of the paper one I am still angry
AP are made of that paper stuff