PDA

View Full Version : Family Suite or connecting rooms

icee94
11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Five friends and my self are planning on going next summer to WDW for a graduation trip. I was wondering if we should do a family suite where all six of us are in one room or get two connecting rooms. We are more intested in the parks than the room so size doesn't matter. (The room will be used for sleeping and storage). I am a six trip (seven at christmas) veteran but my family has only done Epcot area deluxe resorts before. We are wondering which option would be the most cost effective for us to do. Any help is appreciated.

brownie
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
If both have 2 bathrooms, I'd go with the cheaper option. If not, I'd go with the two bathrooms.

Itchy
11-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I am not sure but I think there is an additional charge per adult over two in a room.

When I go down with my family we always get two connecting rooms as it is cheaper than the suite. I prefer the two rooms as it gives you more room to spread out.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

Itchy
11-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh! I forgot to mention, contact Magical Journeys ( an Intercot sponsor ) and let them work out the details for you. Its the only way to go as I do not do it myself anymore.
Their service is free and they will continually monitor your reservations to ensure you get the best deal.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
11-20-2012, 11:13 AM
We are a family of five and been there done that - so another vote for two rooms with two bathrooms.

1DisneyNut
11-20-2012, 05:09 PM
The family suites are just two rooms remodeled into a so called "family suite" with one room having what they call a "kitchenette." Both sides still have their restrooms so there are two. Since they are just two rooms remodeled, they are the same size as two regular rooms so you don't get any additional room. What you do get though is a higher rate for the family suite as opposed to two rooms, so go with two rooms and request that they be adjoining.

LVT
11-21-2012, 07:30 AM
We do the 2 rooms. Connecting door can be left open, so it isn't much different. It is also cheaper. The over 2 adult charges add up fast.