PDA

View Full Version : Going to watch my daughter in Marching Band

Tigger68
11-20-2012, 01:09 AM
My daughter is doing to Disney with her school Band in February. They are going Wednesday - Sunday. We would like to make this a family vacation (also taking our 2 sons). We are going to Disney Sunday-Sunday ... taking her with us on Sunday, dropping her with the band on Wednesday and continue with rest of the trip separately. How do I plan this trip? There are a total of 5 of us so I plan on booking at Port Orleans. Can I just purchase tickets for my daughter Sun-Tuesday or do I have to pay for the entire week of tickets for her? I think our best bet is the play, stay & dine special they have going on at that time. Do I have to include her for the entire week since it's a package deal? Any help would be appreciated as I have to get myself in gear and book this trip! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
11-20-2012, 07:17 AM
I would go with the two day ticket package and you can upgrade the tickets to how many days you need. magical Journeys can sort it out for u...they are wonderful!
:number1:

WRWDisney
11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Some things to think about, her band trip may include a ticket (possibly upgradable, possibly not), or the trip organizer (not the school, but the tour company they are working with) may have a way to upgrade the ticket at a discount. I'd start out by talking with the band director and then work from there.

Also, I don't know what year your daughter is, or if she has ever traveled with the band, but as a band parent myself, I can tell you that she might be missing out on a lot by not traveling with the band. A lot of bonding occurs on those trips, especially if they are younger members (one of the first times to really connect). Finally (and this can be cleared when you talk to your band director), she might be missing out on the last couple of days of rehearsal if you all go down early.

Hope I'm not overstepping. You may have already checked on these things, but wanted to bring them up in case you hadn't.

Disney Goof
11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree with the previous poster. The bonding and memories on these trips are great.

My junior year in high school we bussed from Ohio to Disney to play at EPCOT. It was a great trip and many fond memories were formed.

Have fun and a great trip in February. We will be there in four days!!!:mickey:

steamboat willy
11-21-2012, 08:55 AM
When our daughter's High School Band went to Disney, we went also as Band Parents. We requested to be on separate buses to give her a little space...kinda.
That year, we purchased a Season Pass for the three of us due to other events bringing us back to Orlando. (You gotta go to DISNEY)
When paying for our trip, they deducted the ticket amount for ALL three of us.
We enjoyed keeping up with some other folks kids! Made some great memories!

Katzateer
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
When we went with a dance group that performed the dancers had to purchase their tickets as a group. And each day of practice and performance they had to have a park admission for that day.

Family was given the option of getting discounted tickets

While it was a great experience I thought the kids should get a free pass since they spent hours practicing and the same day they performed hundreds of Florida residents got free passes for the taping of the parade to fill in and make sure it was a large crowd.