PDA

View Full Version : Is Fantasmic Dining package necessary on low days?

wagjb
11-19-2012, 05:52 PM
I currently have a reservation for Monday Dec 10 at Brown Derby at 2:50 PM as part of the Fantasmic Dining package. I wanted a later time but that is all I could get. We are eating a late breakfast at Kona so a 3PM dinner is early in my mind.

I have other people joining us for the day and want to be sure to get good seats for Fantasmic and thought the dining package was the safe bet.

My question is should I switch to a standard reservation at Brown Derby for my desired time of 4:00 or 4:15 and just assume the low crowd volume day will make getting good seats a guarantee or is there a real risk that we will get bad seats?

That week is supposed to be low crowd volume and on that day other parks have the early (AK) and late (MK) magic hours.

Thanks.

Greg.

faline
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
I've sat in a variety of seats in the theater where Fantasmic is shown. Personally, I've never experienced a "bad" seat. This venue is very popular so, even on low attendance days (if you're going by attendance at Disney Studios), you may find this venue filled to capacity. Keep in mind that many folks who visit other parks on any particular day may head to this park specifically to see this show.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm a fan of the package - if Fantasmic is a must see for you. I'm just not patient enough to wait in the line to guarantee a seat. I'd rather eat, and show up with a much shorter wait.

But, I don't think that there is a "bad" seat in the house, so I wouldn't worry about where you're sitting ... we've had some of the "bad" seats before and they were just fine.

However, even on "low" crowd days, there is a risk that it will fill up, so don't plan on arriving at the last minute.