PDA

View Full Version : Could use some helpful opinions please!

taleasoldastime
11-18-2012, 11:50 PM
So I was writing down a rough idea of our plans during our january trip and came across a couple things that I couldnt really decide what to do.

On our Epcot morning should I Fastpass or ride first:
Test Track or Soarin
I was thinking FP Test track and ride soarin then come back to TT

On our Magic Kingdom morning how should I tackle fantasyland.
The biggest attractions I assume will be Enchanted Tales, Little Mermaid, and Peter pan (im not interested in dumbo since it is me and my DBF. No kids)
I was thinking FP Enchanted Tales then ride VotLM and peter pan then come back to Enchanted Tales.

Any insight or better advice?
(sorry for bad grammar. Im typing on a tiny phone.)

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Fastpass Soarin', then ride Test Track.

Enchanted Tales first, then Pan, then Mermaid

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Also saw an article that Enchanted Tales may not be a Fastpass attraction at first.

steamboat willy
11-19-2012, 07:57 AM
EPCOT: Since Test Track And SOARING are on opposite sides of Future World I'd head straight to TT and catch a ride, grab a FP for another ride later. I'd play it by ear and let the line help you decide. THEN head to Soaring and grab a FP. This may get you close to lunch and you can grab a bite at Sunshine Terrace just at the front door to Soaring before or after your Flight.

Magic Kingdom: possibly with the newness of New Fantasyland, the line for Peter Pan may be lower, so I'd head there first. Not sure either if
Enchanted Tales is offering FP or not. I think the new Fantasyland attractions you mentioned are fairly close, so I'd FP Little Mermaid, and head straight to Belles Tales! Even if you don't ride, I'd think you'll want to see the NEW Double Dumbo and water feature now offered.

Enjoy you trip!

Oh My.......20 Days......:santa::tree::santa:

TinkerbellT421
11-19-2012, 08:10 AM
I personally think it depends on the wait times.

Personally I would fastpass Soarin and ride Test Track. BUT, with Test Track being "new" for lack of a better term, seeing it's not new just updated. May take the wait time away from Soarin' so the wait time could be far less than it usually is because people are doing the opposite.

Same thing with Fantasy land. Normally I would say fastpass Peter Pan, because I have never seen that stupid line under less than 60 minutes. And that's in January when it's typically less busy. But, with the new Fantasyland being open, I also suspect that Mermaid will take away from Peter Pan for the wait time, so you may want to fastpass mermaid and ride Peter Pan.

If you have a smart phone, try downloading the Disney app. My Disney Experience and fire that bad boy up before you leave the room or on your way to the park to see what the wait times look like and go from there. :mickey:

DisneyDawgette
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't think anyone will know for sure the answer to your first question until TT opens... The line for Soarin' is always ASTRONOMICAL, something I don't really understand. However, TT may have the ability to balance some of that out. Personally, though. I'd FP Soarin' because the queue is nothing special (sad for Disney) and take my chances and wait in line for TT. It's new, and it's going to keep you busy! :)

For Fantasyland, I'm not sure if ET has a FP... But I'd always go for FastPassing Pan first. I don't think any amount of hype would steal that line. I'd hit the other two back to back and enjoy any time you spend waiting admiring your new surroundings. :thumbsup:

And I know you said you're not interested in Dumbo, but DBF and I went in October and rode it at night during MNSSHP-- it was WELL worth it. That ride is beautiful at night and shouldn't be missed. Especially for a couple. :cloud9:

taleasoldastime
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for all of your imput!
I will make sure I download the Disney app to look at the wait times and when all of these attractions open there will also be more insight into what I should expect.
60 more days!!!! :mickey3::tink::party2:

Disney Doll
11-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Late January is a pretty good time crowd wise. I don't think you'll need a minuet by minute plan of attack. I would just play it by ear and not stress over the details.

Yo Mickey!
11-24-2012, 06:54 PM
definitely FP soarin' and head right over to ride TT. soarin' FP's run out much faster than TT.

MargaretMessler
11-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Late January is a pretty good time crowd wise. I don't think you'll need a minuet by minute plan of attack. I would just play it by ear and not stress over the details.

I agree. The last time I went in January, I'm not entirely certain we used a fastpass for anything.