PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Hotels bus transportation

goofybiz
11-18-2012, 11:42 PM
As much as Disney promotes using their Bus transportation to get around, It leaves a lot to be desired. As we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn, the provided buses had to make stops at 5 hotels, BWI, Yacht, Beach, Swan and Dolphin. They were always packed and most of the time we had to stand as we were the last stop. When we went to Downtown Disney, it took us approx 1 hour 20 minutes to and from and the buses were packed. The bus driver worked her best to accomodate all the riders at each stop. As these are deluxe hotels you would think that they would split the route into two buses. They had value and moderate resorts with their own buses. I guess they are trying to save money however all the prices continue to increase each year......

DizneyRox
11-19-2012, 06:51 AM
During slow times, they appear to be sharing busses still. Our trick when we stayed at BW was to head over to use the Swan stop. That was usually the first stop in the chain. BWV to Swan is a pretty short walk.

Jayhorn
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
When we first stayed at Boardwalk 10 years ago, they stopped at all 5 Epcot resorts then too, so I don't think there is anything new in the bus transportation to try to save money. All the times we've stayed there, the busses haven't been too bad for MK and AK, but Downtown Disney was ALWAYS slow. One nice thing is no busses needed for DS or Epcot!

CuteAsMinnie
11-30-2012, 01:21 PM
As much as Disney promotes using their Bus transportation to get around, It leaves a lot to be desired. As we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn, the provided buses had to make stops at 5 hotels, BWI, Yacht, Beach, Swan and Dolphin. They were always packed and most of the time we had to stand as we were the last stop. When we went to Downtown Disney, it took us approx 1 hour 20 minutes to and from and the buses were packed. The bus driver worked her best to accomodate all the riders at each stop. As these are deluxe hotels you would think that they would split the route into two buses. They had value and moderate resorts with their own buses. I guess they are trying to save money however all the prices continue to increase each year......

...and this is why we've never stayed these EPCOT resorts

Jayhorn
11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
I feel the need to add that we highly recommend the Epcot resorts. We have to think VERY long and hard about staying at another Deluxe Resort.