PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champ!

Main Street Jim
11-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Congrats to the kid from Michigan for winning Penske's first NASCAR Sprint Cup title! Keselowski and Johnson battled back and forth all day long, Jimmie even got the points lead at one point in the race until the rear end broke with only 40 laps to go.

Look out for those Penske Fords next year!

barnaby
11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Kind of anticlimatic Chase though with only 2 guys battling for the last few weeks and then Johnson wrecking last week.
Actually thought it was a down year for NASCAR. The actual racing isn't much anymore, especially on the 2 mi cookie cutter tracks. I don't know if its the stricter rules or the aero packages, but they just don't race each other much. Not much good side by side racing.

Main Street Jim
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
It's mostly the aero package that these "generic" bodies have. They need to get rid of the "shark fin"; tires that fall off quicker (or go back to bias-ply's); get rid of the "splitter"; cut the rear spoiler down to about 3" from the current 6"; and go back to more "stock" body panels.

The new 2013 cars *should* help, as they sure do look a LOT better than what we've got now.

Chevrolet unveils their new car next week, I believe.

Nascfan
11-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Congratulations to Kes! I am very happy for the Captain on finally getting his first Cup.

Marker
02-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Football is done, I'm ready for racecars.

Looking forward to seeing the new Gen 6 cars on the track for real.