PDA

View Full Version : Discounts offers on cash register receipts?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Anyone know if they are doing this? When were there in 2010, on certain cash register receipts there would be a discount coupon printed at the bottom, that was good at select stores until like 11:00am or noon.

Just wondering if I should be on the look out for it when we go down next week.

Mickey'sGirl
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
WE got them at Counter Service Locations in the parks, when we were down in the summer. And we used them the following morning!! :thumbsup:

Christine
11-16-2012, 05:24 PM
They should be starting up again soon! I'll keep an eye out!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
They were great, but we didn't see any on our last trip - hopefully they are back soon!

ttccluvsdis
11-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I got one at Sunshine Seasons on Monday!

phillydan
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I received discount coupons at MK on our last trip in August. I forget where I got them - maybe Main Street Bakery. They were good for 20% at the Emporium, but had to be used before noon that same day. It worked out great, since the Emprium was fairly empty and we had already scoped out what we were going to buy the day before. I grabbed everything I could for the discount and then had it sent to our resort so I didn't have to carry it around (they can also hold it at the park entrance for later pickup).

PlutoToo
11-27-2012, 08:32 PM
We got 2 coupons today at the MK. Good at listed places, like Mouse Gears, etc. between store opening and 1 pm. 20%off. Valid thru 1/3/13. Woo Hoo!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Just got back from 10 days. The 20% coupons are going on. I think most, if not all, were printed on CS purchases.

20% off merchandise until 1:00pm at the following:

EPCOT - MouseGears
DHS - Keystone Clothiers and Mickeys of Hollywood
MK - MK Emporium
AK - Island Mercantile and one other store

The nice thing is the Emporium runs the whole left side of mainstreet up to Casey's, and the discount can be used in all the stores.

I couldn't stack discounts, but I was also getting my 10% discount in these stores as well, including my resort store.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
The 2nd store that I couldn't remember at Animal Kingdom was: Disney Outfitters

The 20% coupon is good from store opening until 1:00pm.

Expiration date is January 3, 2013.

Dulcee
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
This is quite intriguing... do these show up on receipts even while using the dining plan?

magicofdisney
12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
This is quite intriguing... do these show up on receipts even while using the dining plan?

Yes, unfortunately for me I didn't see the coupon until later in the day when it had already expired. I truly wish the CM had pointed it out to me when he gave me my receipt. :(

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Yes, unfortunately for me I didn't see the coupon until later in the day when it had already expired. I truly wish the CM had pointed it out to me when he gave me my receipt. :(

The coupon doesn't expire until January 3. So even if you don't use it the day you got it, it will be good until the end of your trip. I had about a dozen of them laying in our hotel room so that I could grab 2 or 3 each day.

We were on the dining plan and I think we got them on register receipts from dining locations, like Starring Rolls for example. I don't think I got any from our food court at POR, it was always at the parks.

I also found, that if I asked, the 10% discount using the Disney Visa was allowed at most places. Sometimes it was automatic, sometimes I had to ask.

vamaggie
02-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I also found, that if I asked, the 10% discount using the Disney Visa was allowed at most places. Sometimes it was automatic, sometimes I had to ask.

What is this discount adn is it ongoing? We have not been since 2007, have the Disney Visa and are planning a trip for Nov. THanks!