PDA

View Full Version : No more Twinkies????

IwannabeinNarnia
11-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I just saw on news site that Hostess is requesting to shut down. That means no more Twinkies.. no more Ho Hos...ACK!!! :fit: I think I'll go to the store tonight and buy up as many as I can! Anyone have a storage unit I can borrow to hoard them in?

I am also sending thoughts and prayers and good wishes to the over 18,000 who are losing their jobs over this shut down also.

cer
11-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow. No more Ding Dongs, either.

This is huge! :(

Maleficent_vf
11-16-2012, 02:00 PM
The news sippet I saw said something about them trying to sell their brands. I can't imagine someone won't want to latch on to most of the Hostess products.

kakn7294
11-16-2012, 02:08 PM
This is terrible news, not only from the standpoint that I will not have any more Ho-Ho's, but mostly that 18,500 people will be out of work.

TinkerbellT421
11-16-2012, 02:26 PM
There goes my usual saying that come the end of the world there will only be two things left. Cockroaches and Twinkies....

DizneyFreak2002
11-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Zombieland comes to life... We will all be Tallahassee... Looking for the last Twinkie on Earth...

Aurora
11-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I live in Chicago and it's kind of funny how many of my Facebook friends are going completely batty over the news that these are going away, even though many of them haven't set their lips on any Hostess product since they were kids.

The brand will probably be picked up by another company. Maybe they can improve the recipes, which seem to have become more blah over the years. Or maybe it's just my aging taste buds.

IwannabeinNarnia
11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
There goes my usual saying that come the end of the world there will only be two things left. Cockroaches and Twinkies....

There will still be two thing left.. you forgot about Spam! :sick:

Aurora
11-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Good grief -- people are already selling them on eBay! :eek:

IwannabeinNarnia
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Good grief -- people are already selling them on eBay! :eek:

You made me look... and one person is asking $500 for one box :rub: am I seeing that wrong? I love twinkies, but $500????

TinkerbellT421
11-16-2012, 03:44 PM
There will still be two thing left.. you forgot about Spam! :sick:

AHHHH!!! How could I forget about SPAM!!!!

MNNHFLTX
11-16-2012, 04:29 PM
You made me look... and one person is asking $500 for one box :rub: am I seeing that wrong? I love twinkies, but $500????
Gotta love capitalism. :shake:

SBETigg
11-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Twinkies do go bad. You don't want to eat a Twinkie past the expiration date on the box, trust me. Yuck. Don't ask if I know that from personal experience. :blush:

But yeah, I was one of the people lamenting the loss of Twinkies even though I haven't had one in at least a year, probably longer. It just feels like the end of an era. Though, it's probably true that some other company will step in.

dnickels
11-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Even in a liquidation bankruptcy, someone will buy the assets (here the brands and recipes) and they will be made again.

And re: $500 for a box, keep in mind that someone can set any price they want on ebay, but that doesn't mean people are going to pay it. All I'm seeing on ebay for the high priced twinkies is a bunch of '0 Bids' so unless someone gets drunk or hits a button by accident I don't think anyone is going to make a fortune selling twinkies.

Disney4us2
11-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Just got back from Target. They sill had some boxes left. I bought 4 boxes. Jessica has never had twinkies. They also had lots of Hoho's left too.

Just checked Ebay and they have bids on them, but not the $500 ones. I thought you couldn't sell food items on Ebay. Hmmm.

DizneyRox
11-17-2012, 08:06 PM
A few years ago, I was at a store and saw a Twinkie on the shelves. I remembered oh so any years ago eating those delicious little gems. So, for nostalgia, I picked up a two pack, couldn't wait to get home, crack them open and remember yesteryear...

Boy was I surprised when I bit into the first one. Thankfully I was near the garbage and promptly spit everything out into the trash can. Quickly followed by what was left In the wrapper. It took a couple hours to get that taste out of my mouth, but I can still almost taste it as I write this post.

Bye bye twinkie, I for one will not miss you..

Devil Dogs are a whole other story though...

scooterca42
11-17-2012, 08:38 PM
...they're still being made in Canada. The great white north, home to igloos, polar bears and Twinkies...
Vachon makes them. Them and Jos Louis. MMMmmmmmm...Jos Louis...:cloud9:

MNNHFLTX
11-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Bye bye twinkie, I for one will not miss you..

Me either. I haven't had a Twinkie in 40 years--maybe longer. :ack:

NJGIRL
11-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I feel bad for everyone who will be without a job in this poor economy. It really isn't any better from 4 years ago, at least in NJ. :(

I do love their cherry pies and will miss them, but IMO their cakes and Tastycakes are not what they used to be. The quality and portions aren't what they used to be when I was a kid.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-18-2012, 09:43 PM
A friend on Facebook posted that the Mexican company Bimbo may take over producing them. Unfortunately that doesn't help the 18500 employees who will lose their jobs.

ElenitaB
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I thought you couldn't sell food items on Ebay. Hmmm.
So you're saying that Twinkies are food? ;)

I do feel bad for those who have lost their jobs. But I don't lament the loss of Twinkies.

Ed
11-18-2012, 10:14 PM
So sad. :(

Disney4us2
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
So you're saying that Twinkies are food? ;)

Ok.... how about something you put in your mouth and chew;) lol

garymacd
11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
...they're still being made in Canada. The great white north, home to igloos, polar bears and Twinkies...
Vachon makes them. Them and Jos Louis. MMMmmmmmm...Jos Louis...:cloud9:

Jos Louis!!!! :cloud9:

Vanilla Half-Moons!!! (Wife's favourite)