PDA

View Full Version : Akershus

Disdaddy
11-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Our five year old loves Belle. We're going to a late breakfast at Akershus. How is it?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2012, 08:47 AM
One of our favourites!

We always get a late breakfast and really enjoy it. The character interaction is good (and knowing you'll meet Belle right at the beginning is a big plus for Belle fans) and the food is good (the cheesy potatoes are AWESOME).

We've always had good service and it is one of the meals we do every trip.

Enjoy!

Janmac
11-15-2012, 04:51 PM
You have your photo op with a princess when you first enter the restaurant. We have always had Belle but officially you could get any princess.

When you're seated you will give your beverage orders. Then you're free to check out the offerings on the cold board - fruits, pastries, cheeses, and some pickled or dried meats and fish.

Last time we were there (April 2012) we were served a large platter of warm breakfast items, one of which was the potato casserole. This is delicious. I don't remember what else was on the platter - eggs, maybe sausage or maybe it was bacon?, and something else. We almost always have to ask for more potatoes.

There are maybe four or five princesses that come around to the table - we've seen Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine and Aurora. The lineup varies.

I like a late time for breakfast for a quieter more leisurely meal.

Jan

Gator
11-16-2012, 03:58 PM
This is my can't miss meal of each WDW trip, even though I missed last time which made me mad. Anyway, we always do lunch here. The food is sooo good - love that scandanavian palate. Add in the ambience of the place and the princesses that my daughters love, it's a can't miss. In fact, I cancelled lunch at The Castle to eat at Akershus instead. The food is so much better, and the character and ambience is almost identical.

CosmicRay
11-16-2012, 04:13 PM
the food is good (the cheesy potatoes are AWESOME).

DH LOVES Akershus! We are going with a group - 12 in all . And he suggested that the dads take the daughters to Akershus for breakfast. I thought that was sweet and he pointed out that he made the request because he just wanted their cheesy potatoes!

princessgirls
11-28-2012, 02:06 PM
This is one of our favorite breakfasts!!!

Good food, and great Princess interaction!!!

Love it! Our girls are 12 & 11 and we just ate there last week!!

Julie:mickey: