PDA

View Full Version : How to tag my room

disneysmiles
11-15-2012, 03:00 AM
We're up to 6 rooms of people going on our next big trip. I am trying to come up with a good way to "tag" my room so my grandkids will be able to tell easy which one is Nana's room. They like to come and get me in the morning, or come say goodnight before bed and sometimes get confused with all the rooms looking alike.
I'm thinking some sort of decoration I can put in the window or on the door that no one else might have, but won't look out of place at Disney.

faline
11-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Will you be there for any particular season for which you can get a decoration for the door?

I've seen home-made signs hanging on guest doors. You might even try something simple like a poster or picture of Mickey, Minnie or one of the gang.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I would put something in the window, that way you don't have to worry about it falling off the door, getting knocked, etc.

It could really be anything ... as Faline said, are you going at a particular time of year? Some stuffed animals are always popular (but not in as many windows as you would think) and easy.

Maybe the kids could make a "my Nana lives here" sign that they could decorate with a Disney theme?

Auntie B
11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I like to make little signs to tape in the window - makes it easier to identify our room at the end of a busy day. We have also hung Christmas lights in our window before. :mickey:

disneysmiles
11-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Great ideas! We are going at halloween time so that would work. I also love the idea of having the kids make a sign for me. We're always looking for ideas to keep them busy at the airport and they could all add something to it.

MelissaW
11-16-2012, 08:25 AM
We're up to 6 rooms of people going on our next big trip. I am trying to come up with a good way to "tag" my room so my grandkids will be able to tell easy which one is Nana's room. They like to come and get me in the morning, or come say goodnight before bed and sometimes get confused with all the rooms looking alike.
I'm thinking some sort of decoration I can put in the window or on the door that no one else might have, but won't look out of place at Disney.

Hi Disneysmiles - I don't know if you scrapbook, but even if you don't, this should be easy and cute. First take a piece of solid brightly colored paper. Then cut it into the shape you would like. Trim the edges with waves, curves, crimping scissors or whatever. Then on a separate lighter colored paper (I would use red for the background and yellow for the top paper to go along with Mickey's colors) use black marker and write something like Grandma's room (you don't need to put your name on it that way). Maybe in bubble letters or you can get stickers at Hobby Lobby or Michael's craft stores. Then you can also get Disney character stickers or something like that. And you can get pop-up foam stickers to make the stickers or scrapbook embellishments (all found in the scrapbooking) section stick out a little more. Just a simple 5 x 7 thing like this hung with double sided tape just below your room number would look really cute and I know nobody should mess with it. At least True Disney people shouldn't! :wave: Have fun on your trip!

steamboat willy
11-16-2012, 08:43 AM
I know at OUR Resort, Allstar Music, we have a large window with a big shelve that sets in front of the curtain, so it's visible from the outside, even when curtain is closed.
If your driving and have the room, you could take a small Halloween Decoration that your Grandkids already know OR pick up something at your RESORT. Our house is always decorated for the Holiday of the Month or Season so it would not be hard for us.
We leave in 23 Days and we already KNOW what our window will start out with. Several years ago we bought a small fiber-optics MICKEY :tree: TREE that's all decorated and ONLY ABOUT 15 inches tall. This will be the center piece for our HOLIDAY Window. We continue to add to the window with small collectables we pick up during our trip, Disney hat, souvenir popcorn buckets, holiday mug or cup, etc....

23 Days.....:deer::santa::deer:

You have so many options, enjoy those kids!