PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs Resort

SueQ
11-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Who has stayed here and what are your thoughts?? This is one of the resorts I am thinking about for my husband and I for next year.

dobby2010
11-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I loved it. I felt like we were staying at a spa in Sedona. Very tranquil and beautiful. The pool is awesome. Love the queen beds and door between the bathroom/sleeping area. Great food at pepper market (if you don't want to pay the tip just ask for it to go and eat it outside by the lake). It was very quiet when we went in late September. Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!

LVT
11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
We were in Casistas 3. 1. very pretty grounds
2. we like pepper market 3. great bus service

Angelgirl65
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Our family just loves CSR for the main pool, transportation and the grounds. Also, the rides to the park are quick and they do not share buses.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
11-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Stayed there four different times and would stay again. One thing about CSR is that it is very large and spread out. Make sure you try to get your hotel room as close to the main area other wise you will have a long walk.

arbie_c
11-14-2012, 08:44 AM
I really like CSR. I've stayed there 6 times and have never had a bad experience. I think the grounds are beautiful & enjoy the main pool and the quiet pool. They have some hammocks spread around & those are nice for a little afternoon relaxing.

c&d
11-14-2012, 08:52 AM
We really enjoyed CSR when we stayed there. We stayed in the Casistas building section. The buses were never crowded during the day. The buses loop with the main building being the last stop before leaving the resort so we found it easier to get the bus there in the morning and get off at the 1st stop on the way back. The grounds are beautiful, especially at night. There were so many different things to see at night around the resort.

We loved Pepper Market, there was something for everyone and Maya Grill is a hidden gem.

The main pool never felt crowded. We would definitely stay there again.

steamboat willy
11-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Never stayed at CS, but DW and I always take the time to eat Counter Service at Pepper Market. So many choices and food is cooked to order. We have not done the lunch buffet yet.....BUT IN A LITTLE OVER 3 Weeks, we will.

25 DAYS......:santa::tree::santa:

DizneyFreak2002
11-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Some reason CSR gets a mixed reaction... I can understand why... But, personal opinion is, CSR is a beautiful resort... I stayed there several years back and loved it... Yes, the resort is huge, but that isn't really anything that takes away from the stay... I think it adds to it, to be honest... While I didn't care much for Pepper Market, it wasn't a terrible place to eat... I also ate there before they refurbished it, and since then, the reviews of the place have gotten much better so I defer to those who have dined there since the refurb... I think you'll enjoy the stay there...

xrayqueen
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
:mickey:We have stayed at CSR twice and we LOVE it. Beautiful resort, awesome service, LOVE the pool. We never had to wait long for the buses, restaurants are amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

emerzmom
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
I see a lot of positive posts about CSR. I thought I would just offer my thoughts about it. This was my least favorite resort however it is still WDW which is still wonderful.
What I didn't like:
Too big: everything seemed so far away and the bus stops are really spread out.
Dark rooms: The carpet is dark, the furniture is dark, it just seemed...well dark.
Conferences: this is one of the main conference hotels so there is a lot of business activity going on at the hotel.
Pepper Market: not my favorite. It seemed confusing and disorganized.
I did like:
Beautiful lake
Beautiful grounds
Resort bus was only for CSR
....just my opinions.
:tink:
Julie

JabberJaws
12-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Stayed there before a couple of times (admittedly it has been a while) and am staying there again in a few weeks. It is a great resort IMO. Probably the nicest grounds of any of the mods. Beautiful landscaping. A lot of people complain about how spread out it is, but I actually think that lends to the theme and feel of the resort. Makes it feel 1) more quiet and less busy, and 2) more naturally fitted to the surroundings. Yes, it does take some walking, but I liked that.

The convention aspect of it can cause some issues if there happens to be a big convention going on, but again, the resort is so spread out that it helps thin out those crowds a bit.

CSR and POFQ are my two favorite mods. I highly recommend it.

mrte62
12-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Posted this review a few weeks back:

DW and I stayed October 27th through November 3rd. (Sorry for the late report - been on the road due to Hurricane Sandy still keeping my office closed in NYC). We stayed here last year and really liked it, so we came back for another week at the Food & Wine Festival.

Our random thoughts/comments:

1) Took a while to check-in. The young lady was training. Quite pleasant.

2) We had requested a room (king bed) in Casitas 5. We wound up in in Casitas 4446 facing the parking lot. When told that that our request could not be granted, a supervisor came over and apologized several times.

3) Room was clean and comfortable. A bit dark and the lighting needs to be improved. Plenty of hot water and a high enough shower head were a plus. We stocked our fridge. Really a nice location - close enough to El Centro with the gym and laundry in the same building.

4) Laundry is expensive - $2.75 to wash and $2.75 to dry.

5) The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Fountains and lights were working and maintenance done daily.

6) The stairways and outer hallways were in rough shape. Desperately need a good cleaning and painting. The elevators were beat and scratched up as well.

7) A really great location if you have a car. Once we got our bearings, it was easy to get to any park or hotel. We did find that there are very few signs that actually mention CSR by name.

8) The buffet at the Pepper Mill was quite a pleasant surprise. All you-can-eat buffet with fresh fruit, pastries and a made to order omelet station. $14.99 for adults or 1 QS meal.

9) This year we found our how this pleasant peaceful resort can change when a convention of 3,500 life insurance agents from around the world descend. The last two days the resort was frenetic and any place to get food or drink was overwhelmed.

10) We really liked and used the free refillable resort mug.

We truly like staying here and will do so next year as well. Even with the large convention, we still had a great stay and found it a great place to relax and recharge.