PDA

View Full Version : The "What a Great Weekend" Trip Report...Misc Stuff

NJGIRL
11-09-2012, 01:58 AM
A few observations, opinions, and rumors of our trip.

We did the American Idol Experience for the firt time this trip. We really enjoyed it and will do it again, maybe not everytime, but we will return.

Everyone must get the carrot cake cookie sandwich at DHS at least once. They are like heaven.

We used fast pass for a few attractions and found the lines moved a like quicker than usual. I like the fact that they are enforcing the return time. I think it is helping with the wait times.

My son collects pins of the countries at EPCOTs World Showcase. Each country that has a pavillion has a pin. Even though Brazil doesn't have a pavillion, they now have a pin. Disney must love the Brazillian groups.

EPCOT on the weekends during Food and Wine is something that we are going to avoid in the future. Too many drunk people acting badly. You can enjoy a few drinks without making a fool of yourself IMO.

Tried to get a few new things while shopping in the gift stores. Not possible, not only did they have the same stuff as last year, but they have the same stuff in every store you go into.

Alot of misinformation on this trip. I don't think the staff is being trained as well today as they were in the past.

Disney really should start to put the Dyson dryers in the bathrooms. They are quick, clean and won't make the mess the paper towels make.

Trivia Question. What do most young kids do while in the "World of Disney" Store?
Answer: They cry.
Most kids are uninterested in being in a big store for a long period of time. They get bored.

We took the Segway Tour (which I will review later) and our guide told us some interesting info you may or may not know. Spain was supposed to have a pavillion in the World Showcase. They even put up construction signs. It fell through when they experienced civil unrest and theey pulled out their portion of the money.

Also told that the Backlot Tour and two other DHS attractions would be closing to make room for a big new attraction.

Africa was also supposed to have their own pavillion but didn't put out the money needed.

Does anyone think the movie in Norway makes you want to vacation there? lol

Love Eat to the Beat...saw 38 Special for the third year in a row. Even caught the guitar pick at the end of the show!

The bus has improved, but not enough for me to want to use it. We will be sticking with a car rental.

faline
11-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Everyone must get the carrot cake cookie sandwich at DHS at least once. They are like heaven.

Well this is going on my must do list!! Sounds Yummy!!

Maybe I was oblivious but I didn't note a lot of bad behavior in Epcot during the Food and Wine fest but the weekend is certainly far too crowded for my liking.

The Backlot tour used to be a favorite of mine. After they put in the car stunt show, it became a shell of what it once was. I found it largely uninteresting though I stil went on it most trips if only for the canyon effect. Disney Studios definitely needs some spicing up. I think it is my least favorite park at this point in time.

TiggeRia
11-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Interesting observations and opinions!

Where in DHS can I find this deliciousness?!

EPCOT on the weekends during Food and Wine is something that we are going to avoid in the future. Too many drunk people acting badly. You can enjoy a few drinks without making a fool of yourself IMO.
We must have been lucky and missed the bad behavior. Did experience the opressive crowds, though, and we, too, will be avoiding the weekends there for any future F&W trip. I wonder how the Saturday night crowds compare to the Christmas crowd?

The bus has improved, but not enough for me to want to use it. We will be sticking with a car rental.
Totally agree...I will do almost anything to avoid it, especially when I bring my father along who needs an ECV. At deluxe resorts I think the bus systems are even worse...

Spain was supposed to have a pavillion in the World Showcase.
How exciting! Where was it supposed to go? EPCOT could so use a new country and there are so many others to choose from...get cracking Disney!

Katzateer
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM

We did the American Idol Experience for the firt time this trip. We really enjoyed it and will do it again, maybe not everytime, but we will return.

Everyone must get the carrot cake cookie sandwich at DHS at least once.
rental.

I enjoyed the Idol experience when we went last year. One of my former Girl Scouts made it to the finals and won a couple of years ago! she got a spot on a local tryout (Cinncinati) for the TV show.

Have to try the carrot cake cookie!

yjgirl32
11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Great review- thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the info and report!

Ms. Mode
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I was there this past weekend too; and the crowd level went UP substanially on Saturday. We went to F&W on Tuesday evening and it was really GREAT...but Saturday you couldn't even walk through there for all the people!

SBETigg
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM

We enjoy it, too. It's fun, but not something I need to do often. With so much else to do and DHS not being our favorite park to spend time in, I'm not sure when or if we'll get to it again.

You find these at the Writer's Stop. My friend bought me one, but she ate it before she could get it to me. :mickey: It's apparently that good. Plus, it wouldn't have been as good the next day.

We used fast pass for a few attractions and found the lines moved a like quicker than usual. I like the fact that they are enforcing the return time. I think it is helping with the wait times.

Yes! I think you're right.

Weekends during Food & Wine are so incredibly crowded. I did see some people drinking, no one really acting "badly" but definitely drinking. The crowds alone put me off. As an adult, I can work my way through crowds and the drinking doesn't upset me. I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing small children or strollers through that crowd, though. With kids, I would avoid weekends during F & W if possible. I really felt for the ICOT15 folks trying to take part on Saturday at Epcot with kids, what a challenge! And actually, as much as I enjoy food and wine, I prefer World Showcase without the festival. I miss a lot of what I love about World Showcase when the booths are there and it's so crowded.

Tried to get a few new things while shopping in the gift stores. Not possible, not only did they have the same stuff as last year, but they have the same stuff in every store you go into.

I actually found some new to me items, especially around World Showcase and in resorts. Yes, there's a lot of the same stuff, but I think you can find some more unique things here and there.

Africa was also supposed to have their own pavillion but didn't put out the money needed.

Also, once they made the AK, an Africa at WS seems superfluous. Spain would have been great, though.

Does anyone think the movie in Norway makes you want to vacation there? lol

Hahaha, no. But the Maelstrom and some of the people and merchandise in the shops do.

Love Eat to the Beat...saw 38 Special for the third year in a row. Even caught the guitar pick at the end of the show!

We were there for .38 Special last year, too. They sound pretty good live, actually, and they seem to be a great fit for this.

I was surprised with the excellent bus service. I stayed at POP and aside from the bus stops being way out there at parks, I found the service to be really good and wondered why anyone would bother with a car. There was always a bus within minutes and I only had to stand once. :D

January-2007
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for reporting.

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: