PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Grille Review (with food allergies)

disneynarula
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Food: Very good. I had the pick three dinner. I had Clam Chowder for my entree, Crab Cakes for my entree, and Chocolate Cake for dessert. DH had the Steak for his entree and the Apple Buckle for dessert. MIL had the Chefs Vegetarian special. DSs had chicken fingers.

Everything was yummy!

The service was sort of slow and we had a problem with the bill. DH did not realize the gratuity was already added and proceeded to add a tip on before he realized it. It took about half an hour to get it resolved. Other than that it was awesome. We decided to cancel our 50's Prime Time Cafe ADR and to eat here again. We all got the same meals the next time even though we talked about mixing it up.;)

The chef was great with DSs food allergies (nuts, eggs, milk and shellfish). DS had chicken fingers and french fries. He had sorbet for dessert.

For this trip we chose TS places that were more off the beaten path.We hate to eat in loud places. Captain's Grille was nice and quiet and a great break from the hustle and bustle. We took the boat from Hollywood Studios.

CMCTxMom
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks! LOVE the allergy info. I'll be looking for your other dining reviews my kids have near-identical allergies!

buzznwoodysmom
11-07-2012, 11:56 AM
So glad you enjoyed your meal. We did the same thing in July/Aug. Instead of booking lots of ADRs we only booked two and had all our meals at lesser known TS locations. We were lucky enough to be able to walk up to 4 TS locations and be seated within minutes at each location.

Of those locations Captain's Grille was our favorite. Everything we ordered was really good and like you said, it was nice and quiet, a welcomed change from the hustle and bustle of the parks! We definitely plan to return.

RedSoxFan
11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed CG. It's a great restaurant. Will be eating there a week from Friday!!:mickey:

mydisneygirls
11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
We ate here on our recent trip. I cancelled our ADR at Crystal Palace and was looking for another place. I was concerned because CG is always has availability. We were more than pleasantly surprised with out meal (had the steak and it was VERY good). This will be one of places to go in the future!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Sounds great

January-2007
11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks so much for sharing!