PDA

View Full Version : Landscape of Flavors at AoA: Review (standard and food allergies)

disneynarula
11-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I have mixed feelings about this place.

Once we got our food it was wonderful. We had a variety of items and the adult selections were yummy! DH and I both had the Tandoori platters. He had shrimp and I had chicken. DSs had pizza. I thought the crust was gross. DS9 really liked it. Since DS6 had to eat his without cheese the bad taste was more prominent.He would not eat it. I thought the dessert selection was nice. I had the cupcake sampler and DH had gelato.

Getting the food was the real problem. Since they cook everything to order it takes awhile. It seems like a great idea, having everything fresh but getting it is a nightmare. You have to go to a different counter depending on what you want to order. Of course the kids all wanted something different. Our DS (6) also has food allergies. We had to talk to a chef and figure out what he was going to eat. We had to go to three separate food lines to get everything.I think it took about 45 minutes before we were all sitting down and eating.

DH wanted to eat here again but I nixed the idea since it was so complicated to get the food.

buzznwoodysmom
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I had most of the same feelings when we ate there in July. We had lunch at a sort of off time so the place was almost empty, but I don't even want to think of what it would be like at peak meal times.

Even with no one there it still took a while to get all our food and seated. My mom and I both ordered the Tandoori plates. The food looked amazing, but unfortunately didn't taste as good as it looked. Most of it was a little "blah" for me. I wouldn't get it again, even tho it all looked so good. I think the concept of this place is great, just not sure they can actually pull it off.

January-2007
11-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the review!

Katzateer
11-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I think the food courts are trying to be upgraded at the value resorts but it is hard for them to have enough food and take care of customers during non- peak meal times Seems like instead of fast food you are waiting for a made to order meal that takes longer than fast food.

While we enjoyed our food I had to wait about 15 minutes for our sandwiches during our stay ( and that was around 1pm which I would still consider peak lunch time). I don't mind if the food tastes good.

Found this to be true at Pop during our last few stays.

The resorts that are more upscale have the more experienced workers I am sure. Values are more like a food court experience.

But I am glad to see such a great choice of foods at AoA. The pizza sounds:ack:Glad we didn't try that!

Thanks for the report!

epceddie
11-10-2012, 01:04 AM
I haven't been to Via Napoli in Epcot, but everywhere else I've had pizza at WDW has been terrible. Even my pizza-loving nephew turns his nose up at it. There are a ton of great pizza places in RI and Massachusetts. Just haven't found a good one in Florida yet. Anybody got any suggestions?