PDA

View Full Version : ICOT-15 - Ian's Day Three Trip Report (Part Two)

Ian
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
So when we left off, our intrepid travelers were about to understake The Great INTERCOT Stroller Race of 2012.

Before I get to the event itself, though, I have to thank our amazing sponsors Strollers and Groceries (https://www.strollersandgroceries.com/) for providing the absolutely gorgeous City Mini strollers we used. My wife and I will definitely be using them on our next trip for the twins, so if you all have little ones and don't want to deal with lugging that stroller on the plane look them up! They also offer a full range of grocery services and, coming in 2013, I've heard a rumor they'll even be able to provide you with :marg:and :beer:!!!

So to start us out, Carol provided the rules for the race. Mel and I were to strap our "babies" (played by Duffy for Mel and INTERCOT's very own Stuffy for me) into our strollers and race from the starting line back near Nemo and Friends to the stroller parking area for Soarin' where we had to unstrap our little ones, carry them (with no injury!) into the Soarin' Fastpass line, procure a Fastpass for the ride, come back out, return to stroller parking, locate your stroller, re-buckle your baby, and race back to the finish line. No running, bumping, tripping, jostling or any other non-Disney like behavior would be allowed.

Of course, Mel and I started out by ramming each other repeatedly. :D

Team Mel started out strong and it was neck and neck going into the pavilion. We each took a different route to the Fastpass kiosks (Team Mel went left and I went right) and each arrived to find long lines. Team Ian predicted, "This is where the race will be won or lost!" and it certaInly looked like that would be the case when Team Ian was the first to obtain a Fastpass and leave the building.

However, in an amazing Tortoise and the Hare moment, Team Ian got cocky ... slowing to a confident strut as he saw no contest from Team Mel behind him. There may even have been some Rocky-style raised fist pumping as Team Ian arrived at the stroller parking area to retrieve his ride and cross the finish line victorious.

But wait! Suddenly out of nowhere Team Mel arrived! Team Ian struggled to locate a stroller that had been relocated by the ever-troublesome stroller parking Cast Members! Team Mel, through sheer force of will, identified her stroller and quickly buckled her baby in safely! Racing to the finish line, Team Mel took the checkered flag leaving Team Ian flailing around in vain to locate his own stroller!!!!

There were cheers and celebratory high fives all around for Team Mel. In what can only be described as less than his finest moment, Team Ian responded by abandoning his baby with Patricia and stalking off in search of the nearest source of tequila to drown his sorrows.

I believe Florida's DHS is still on the hunt for Team Ian as we speak ....

Tune in later for Part Three and the culmination of a fantasic day of INTERCOT fun and games!

sonamae80
11-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Too funny!!!!

WTG Team Mel! ;)

Melanie
11-06-2012, 02:30 PM
:funny:

Yes, it was exactly as he described. :yes:

Oh, and let me throw in my good word regarding Strollers and Groceries. What an amazingly nice couple with a great product. Give them a try if you're in the market!

Tri Minnie
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
This sounds like a good-natured race! I am also delighted to hear the praise for Strollers and Groceries. Although we usually fly with our double and just order groceries, we are trying Strollers and Groceries on our next trip. We were able to reserve our stroller during a sale and with the grocery delivery fee being waived with a stroller rental, it seemed like the perfect excuse to not have to deal with a double stroller as well as all of our other paraphernalia.

AgentC
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I am so sorry I missed this race. :( We were preoccupied with opening birthday presents.

But I do need to jump in to say I rented a stroller from Strollers and Groceries and I loved it. It will write a longer review when I do my own trip report, but they were fantastic.

Melanie
11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Since Ian's report here is specifically about the stroller race, I want to see if the folks who were cheering me on INSIDE at the FP machines are reading. I never got to meet them or figure out exactly who they were, and I feel horrible about that. You guys were awesome! :cheer:

SBETigg
11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I heard a rumor that Ian was quite a gentleman. I can't confirm, since I missed the stroller race (sad) to catch up on some work before the evening events (well okay, before the La Cava del Tequila meet), but I also heard the strollers were awesome and our sponsor Strollers and Groceries was great to work with for stroller rental. So that's a win for everyone!

faline
11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Ian, your description of the race is a really fun read!! Sounds like it was a terrific event!!!!

PirateLover
11-07-2012, 02:38 AM
We went to get lattes at the cart by the World Showcase entrance, and by the time we got back we saw everyone leaving, so we missed the whole thing! Bummer! What a great play by play though, I feel like I was there. Congrats Mel, and Ian, I can't believe you abandoned Stuffy!!!!!:nono:

yjgirl32
11-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Great report! Thanks for sharing.

IwannabeinNarnia
11-07-2012, 01:27 PM
The race sounds like it was a blast. Are there pictures of it? or maybe a video?

Ian
11-07-2012, 02:42 PM
The race sounds like it was a blast. Are there pictures of it? or maybe a video?Yes, John shot video of the entire event.

Where and when it might make an appearance, though, I have no idea. :shrug:

vizsla
11-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the report.

Carol
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
:noevil:

January-2007
11-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Dsnygirl
11-13-2012, 03:57 AM