PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh Ride @ Ft. Wilderness?

steamboat willy
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
We are going to DISNEY IN DECEMBER and would like to take DW on the Sleigh Ride at Ft. Wilderness. DW has MS and will be traveling via a wheel chair. She is able to stand up and transfer with MY assistance. Does anyone know if the Sleigh Ride is accessible meaning level loading and un-loading or is there a step-up required? DW is a small frame beauty and I can get her up onto a ceiling fan if needed, but just wondering if level loading is available.
I could see a loading ramp that riders could step straight across into sleigh. If not I am able to get her UP much like getting her up in my JEEP!

33 Days......:santa::deer::santa:

buzznwoodysmom
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I am not sure if they have accessible "sleighs". We did the sleigh ride last year and it was one you had to step up into. Of course we didn't request an accessible sleigh so maybe they do have them. When you call to book it I am sure they would have that kind of info for you. You might want to call soon as we were told they tend to book up quickly. It was a lot of fun and definitely worth it if you can pull it off.