PDA

View Full Version : Our I'cot Party Trip That Almost Never Happened - Part Five

Dsnygirl
11-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Monday once again came fairly early... before the trip, I'd had every intention of hitting AK for EMH this morning... but as you can imagine, that plan flew out the window fairly early on in the trip. ;) Still, after getting myself all packed up and ready for my ME ride later, I was still there by 9:45.... and I was FREEZING!!! My phone said it was 48 in Orlando that morning... and it felt even colder, it was so breezy. So, the first order of business when I got there was a hot latte... and once I got through the gates, the second was a trip straight to Disney Outfitters to find a long-sleeved shirt. I had on tee shirt and hoodie already, but was still SO cold... and luckily, I found this really cute one they were just putting out right away. So, by the time Patricia joined me, I was ready to slip it on and go find everyone else... brrrr!!

We headed to ride the safari, where Nikki, Amy & Sherri were... they were a bit ahead of us, so we ended up doing it on our own and finding them afterwards. Even with the chilly weather, all the animals were out and active... we got some really fun shots, and laughed at the antics of the elephants. No zebras, though.... :( When we found the rest of the gang, they were ready to head out... Nikki had an early ME reservation, and the others I believe had a lunch ressie with her somewhere, so we said our goodbyes and Patricia and I headed off to find John & his son, Ian & Emily, who were in the Nemo show.

It didn't take us long to track them down, and it was time for more rides... a quick ride avoiding extinction on Dinosaur, then off to EE... one more battle against the Yeti, who of course is still down... :yeti: ... and then it was time for lunch!! A miracle admission into the Yak & Yeti... oh my, SO good... I'd only eaten at the CS up to this point, and am now a HUGE fan of the TS restaurant, too!! We all got appetizers and they were fantastic... can NOT wait to go back. Then it was time for one more safari... this time, our guide was HILARIOUS, and it was a great last ride for my trip.

After we got off I had to say very quick goodbyes, as I was a bit late getting out of the park for my ME ressie later.... I hated saying goodbye, not knowing when I'd get to see everyone again... but I KNOW there will be another meet, if not some mini ones, so it wasn't too bad. ;) I had to fairly fly out of the park at this point, as it was 3:40, and I was being picked up at 4:30. :eek: I wasn't helped by the fact that everything was roped off for the parade and had to make some detours, but luckily, the bus for BWV was waiting for me when I got there, and even with all the stops it made on the way (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club.... :crazy:) I STILL made it to my room in time to grab my suitcase (thank goodness I had packed that morning!!), give HUGE hugs to Mikki and say thank you for everything... I was feeling sad, not knowing when I'd get to see her again, as well... and fly back to the bus stop to catch ME. But I made it, and was at the airport in no time... got myself a latte and a scone... and some Goofy's Sour Gummy Worms to make myself feel better... and was soon jetting off to Syracuse!! I wasn't sure my flight was going to go off until it actually did... they were forecasting some seriously high winds for our area... but it was a pretty smooth flight, and I give our pilots huge kudos and thanks for a safe landing with very few bumps.

So... what a WONDERFUL wknd... it went by WAY too fast, was full of SO many fun experiences and we made so many great memories and new friends!! I feel so blessed to have found this site 7 years ago, and to have made so many great friends through here... we really are a wonderful family of people, I saw SO many instances of people reaching out to try to help in the wake of Sandy and even beforehand... I can't say enough about this wknd, the people involved in it and of course, huge thanks to John for making it happen!! It was wonderful, and I'm already looking forward to next time. :mickey:

faline
11-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Blythe, glad to hear your flight got off as scheduled!!

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: