PDA

View Full Version : Our I'cot Party Trip That Almost Never Happened - Part Four

Dsnygirl
11-04-2012, 01:27 AM
So, as you can imagine... Sunday came WAY too early... we were awake by 8am, although not really functioning... it took awhile for the brain to start functioning on more than auto-pilot. ;) We began watching the hurricane forecast in earnest, as my DH was supposed to be flying home that night, and I was seriously considering trying to join him, as things were looking worse & worse as the week progressed. But, after an hour and half on hold with Jet Blue, we determined it was impossible... they had NO seats on ANY flights into Syracuse, so I was stuck waiting for my flight Mon night, and praying it went off as scheduled.

By 11am we were in DHS and doing a bit of shopping... for the first time ever, my faithful flip flops were failing me and I was trying to find some sneakers to get me through. No luck, though, so off we went for lunch at BLE. We ran into John, Ian, Gary & Patricia on our way and EVERYONE was having flight issues... at this point, most people who had to fly up the coast were being delayed and were trying to figure out staying a few extra days. Sounds fun in theory, but when your family is home dealing with the potential of a VERY dangerous storm, it starts to lose it's fun factor. :(

Regardless, everyone was trying to make the best of it... Dan said his goodbyes to these guys, as we weren't going to be able to make the Podcast with his scheduled ME pickup... and we headed back on our way to BLE. It is one of my favorite places to eat... I LOVE the vegetarian ciabatta, and it didn't disappoint. Dan got a fantastic, huge hamburger with onion rings and bacon... holy moly... and we had thought we were going to forego dessert until we got up to pick up our food, and saw these absolutely adorable Halloween cupcakes everywhere. Dan asked about them, and when he heard they were carrot cake? I think he bought one before the CM was even done telling him about the cream cheese frosting. :D Needless to say, it was delicious.

From here, we rode the Great Movie Ride, with every intention of then doing Star Tours... but it took awhile to get through, and Dan wanted to be sure he was able to ride RnRC before we left... so we went straight to RnRC after the GMR so he could get his fix. (I LOVE this ride, but to be honest... I wasn't quite up to anything fast or twisty/turny today... ;)) By the time he got off RnRC, it was time to leave... so we indulged in one last Mickey bar before heading out to the boat. :bar:

I was SO sad to see Dan go... I had really wanted him to join all of us going to Raglan Road, and was sad he wasn't going to be able to. I play the fiddle in an Irish band, so was really looking forward to visiting Raglan Road for the first time... but now it is just one more thing to look forward to next time. I sent him off on ME at 4:15... I was glad that one of us was going to be home, just in case the weather got bad... but it was still sad to walk back up into Epcot on my own to get goodies for our girls.

Now, that being said... I DO enjoy my own time at Disney when I can get it, and once I got up into Epcot, my spirits picked up a bit... I could hear Off Kilter playing, so ran down for one last bit of music, and then it was off to Japan for the "lucky cats" my girls wanted... and you got it, more sushi. I swear, I am addicted!! :cloud9: Then I headed back to our room to get ready to head to DTD... spent some time catching up with Mikki, who was headed to a very cool "wine pairings" dinner at the Flying Fish.

Once I got to DTD, I headed straight for WoD... I wanted to surprise Dan and get him this t-shirt he'd been eyeing all wknd, but hadn't spend the money on. He is SO good!! Then it was off to Raglan Road... on my way, I passed this WONDERFUL trio of musicians... an electric violinist, electric cellist and clarinet player! They were marvellous, and I could have stood there listening MUCH longer than I did. But, I didn't want to be late, so off I went.

What a FUN time we had at Raglan Road... we had tables in a perfect location, the guys playing for the night were wonderful and VERY fun (and just happened to know this very cool song that just happened to have very similar lyrics to "The Yeti is Down"... and they even dedicated the song to us! What are the odds?? ;)) And to top it all off, Stuffy got the seat of honor, right up on stage with them... he helped advertise their CD, they gave him a pint of his very own... lucky bear!! The food was great, being together with everyone one last time was even better... this trip definitely had SO many highlights, and this was one of them.

The funniest part was actually at the end of the evening, though... I have never seen more people excited about the prospect of getting back to their room "early" for a decent night's sleep!! And early was still 11pm, if that explains anything! I was treated to a ride back to my resort, which was wonderful and saved me a TON of time... and once I chatted with Mikki and looked at pics from her dinner (VERY cool) and heard from my DH that he was indeed back home safe & sound, I slipped off into a blissful, long sleep.

faline
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Raglan Road was tons of fun!! The "bear" on stage got many references by the band!!

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: