PDA

View Full Version : Holidays at Disney Tips

bshaw96
11-02-2012, 10:39 PM
This will be our first time visiting Disney during holiday season. ( nov24-Dec1) It will also be only hubby and I so no kids. Are there any must do's? Less known holiday experiences? Thanks!

PlutoToo
11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Osborne lights at HS. They really are fantastic. The Gingerbread house at the GF, while listening to the piano player.

Pirate Granny
11-03-2012, 12:11 AM
We are there from the 27 dec 2, we scheduled a carriage ride at WL...

mariak
11-03-2012, 12:23 AM
We've been there in December the last two years and our favorite thing to do is to go over to Hollywood Studios for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Pictures cannot describe what you’ll experience there!---The lights, the snow-Wow!! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party was OK but sort of a letdown as compared to the Halloween Party.

If you want to do something “extra” and Christmassy, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. By purchasing the dinner package, you’ll have preferred seating. Those in the standby line will line up 2hours (or more) in advance and are not guaranteed seating. Just something to consider if you haven’t already.

In addition, you could make the rounds to the monorail resorts to take a look at their Gingerbread houses. They're all different but, yes, the BIG one at the Grand Floridian is the most memorable.

The chocolate carousel at the Beach Club is also a neat exhibit. It's about the size you see in front of K-mart. Very cool! Furthermore, both the Yacht and Beach Club resorts have Characters that visit for pictures in the lobbies (at scheduled times). Check with the individual resorts to be sure who and when they will be there. You'll have great photo ops as both have beautiful trees and decorations!

Have a Very, Merry, Magical Christmas! :santa3:

Maria

steamboat willy
11-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh Wow....Just thought of STACY.

This will also our FIRST with ALL 4 PARKS at Christmas. DECEMBER 10 - 18, also just DW and me...No kids or now grandkids.

I read where each Country in EPCOT has their own version/traditions of SANTA and Christmas Traditions.

This is on our list of Must Do's.

Have Fun....34 days :santa::tree::santa:

buzznwoodysmom
11-04-2012, 02:15 PM
The holidays are our favorite time to be in WDW. I'm sure gonna miss it this year!

MK has Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. A lot of folks don't think it's worth the money, but we have always enjoyed the party.

The Osborne Lights at DHS is a must do!

You might enjoy Holidays around the World over at Epcot.

AK has a Christmas Parade.

One of our favorite things to do is tour the resorts. We can spend hours on the monorail stopping at each resort and taking time to see their decorations, try some treats, and do some shopping. We also really enjoy spending an evening at the Epcot resorts. Again, you can spend a few hours walking the loop stopping at each resort. Even the Swan and Dolphin have some decorations. Wilderness Lodge is an absolute must visit during the hoidays. There is no place like it! I'd book a meal there and plan to spend a few hours enjoying the lobby, as well as the villas lobby. Very warm and cozy. AKL is another resort that's worth a visit, anytime of the year, but even more so during the holidays.

Last year we did the Holiday "Sleigh" ride over at Fort Wilderness. I would highly recommend it. Our driver had Christmas music playing, nice warm blankets for us (too bad it wasn't cold), and candy canes for us to enjoy during the ride. The campers at Ft. Wilderness decorate like nothing I've ever seen! It was a nice way to spend an evening.

Also if you don't mind going offsite, the Gaylord Palms resort has their ICE exhibit. They have several rooms filled with ice carvings, and slides made of ice you can actually slide down at the end. The resort has lots of decorations. They also had ice skating a few years ago. Visiting Gaylord was an attraction in itself!

A Big Kid
11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Look for the cat at the Osborne Lights.

pixiesmimi
11-10-2012, 10:27 PM
We are also going the week of Christmas but were upset to know that all the discounts and the MVMCP ends before we get there. We will do the Processional at Epcot though and Osbourn Lights and see all the resorts. We were hoping to spend Christmas Day at MK but the only dining reservation we could get that day was at GF at 9:15 in the morning and are afraid the park will be full by the time we get there. Nothing was available at MK that day. Unfortunately, because of school schedules, that was the only week we could go or we would have gone the week before. Any advice about Christmas Day?

DisneyFan1979
11-13-2012, 09:12 AM
We were at Disney for Christmas last year and spent Christmas Day visiting the MK resorts: we checked out the decor and shops at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and then the Polynesian was our last stop where we had Christmas lunch at Kona Cafe. It was the most relaxing holiday I can remember. While the parks are jammed Christmas Day we found all the resort areas to be quite relaxing.

We did try Magic Kingdom Christmas Eve in the evening and it was so crowded it was unbearable. It you do a park Christmas Eve or Christmas Day I would avoid MK as it seemed supercrowded with locals as well as vacationers.

sonamae80
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
We are there from the 27 dec 2, we scheduled a carriage ride at WL...

We'll be in WDW during this exact time! I will have to look into the carriage ride at WL! Sounds fun! ;)