PDA

View Full Version : Just added the day we're arriving!

steamboat willy
11-02-2012, 11:34 AM
We're leaving in 37 days at 3:30ish a.m. and arriving at DISNEY shortly after noon after our 10 hour drive. We were going to stay off-site (yikes) the first night before our package begins. The thoughts of checking into the unknown really, really concerned me. We were still going to drive on property for a monorail loop, visit a few resorts for Christmas Decoration, grab a bite, catch the EWP and Wishes from the Poly Beach, then off to bed. :cloud9:
This morning Debbie at MJ confirmed us at ASMu. for the first day/night and hopefully the same room as the rest of our stay.
Now..... when we wake up, we'll be there!

:secret: DW does not know yet! Hopefully I can hide the email conformation when it comes in.

Just wanted to share the excitement with THOSE that UNDERSTAND! :high5:

37 Days :santa::tree::santa:

Disneymom4ever
11-02-2012, 12:03 PM
That was the exact same thing I did last March, was going to reserve an offsite hotel (cheap) for the first night (went with my mom, who is "thrifty"). At the last minute, I decided to make a separate reservation at ASMovies for the first night. It worked out perfect! It was great to be onsite, much more relaxing, and we were able to just stay in the same room after. My mom even said how great it was! Great choice, have a wonderful holiday trip! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Good job!

We always do just this. Since we have a long 12 hour drive we always arrive a night before our official check in day. I like to stay at a resort other than the one we'll be at for the whole week, usually trying to pick a resort we haven't yet tried. We've been able to get a little taste of many resorts this way.

mom2morgan
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Yep, for sure I understand. Good move!! Would love to see the look on your wife's face :-) When we did our one and only Disneyland trip, my hubby thought we were staying off site. Priceless moment when we pulled up to the Disneyland Hotel! He was all like "What, do we have to transfer here?" :mickey:

cer
11-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Such a sweet surprise! :thumbsup:

N2DisneyWorld
11-03-2012, 10:48 AM
That's awesome! I hope you have a wonderful trip!:mickey:

steamboat willy
11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
My ADDED DAY before is still a secret!:secret:
I was able to slide our DISNEY's confirmation that Debbie from MJ sent to our email into a folder not used by DW.:cool:
NOW, it will be a matter of keeping that BIG :D
grin off my face as I drive onto DISNEY PROPERTY. GONNA say we have a room just outside the entrance of Lake Buena Vista and it's quicker to just drive onto property, plus we get to see the :welcome: To Walt Disney World!
Then once we go past McDoanald's and I get the paperwork for the Security Guard Gate, I'm BUSTED.

33 Days.......:santa::tree::santa:

missastrocat
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
That is soooo cool! Surprises like that are the best. I'd be grinning like you too.. haha! You'll have to come back and let us know how she reacted. I think I'd cry I'd be so happy.
:cloud9:

LVT
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Grand planning. Best wishes on maintaining the surprise part.

steamboat willy
11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
So we're now ONLY 10 days from leaving for WDW :car: and my secrets STILL ours! DW is more concerned with what to pack for December than where are we staying that first night? It's 28 degrees this morning here so we're so ready for a little Florida for the Holidays.:cool:
I figure during the drive down....some where in Georgia...she's gonna ask, "where are we staying tonight"? I'm gonna say..."just outside Lake Buena Vista" and drive straight to the Allstar Resort!:secret:

10 Days....:santa::tree::santa::secret: