PDA

View Full Version : Staying away from the Park

TheGarretts
11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
When I go to WDW I don’t/wouldn’t even consider staying off site, with the bus service and all.
However I was wondering when going to DL does it really matter if you stay at one of the hotels within walking distance (can’t afford any of the DL hotels).
I just wonder if it is that big a deal to drive a few miles and use their parking lot, or if it is really better to say in walking distance?
Thanks

bruin1344
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
There should be decently priced hotels within walking distance of DL. It was nice to be within walking distance and not have to deal with buses. I believe most of the resorts charge for bus transportation.

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 08:37 AM
If you are going to stay offsite, it really is best to find a hotel within short walking distance.

If you choose to stay further than that, I highly recommend staying somewhere along Harbor Blvd down towards Garden Grove. That way, you can park your car in the Toy Story Lot off Harbor (easy access) and take the Disney shuttle buses to the park entrance from there. Otherwise, driving to the Mickey and Friends parking structure, parking, then taking the tram is just a really convoluted and long procedure.

We are visiting DLR in 2 weeks (!!!) and we are staying WAY offsite...in our old hometown of Irvine. We know the area like the back of our hands, though, since we lived there so long. We have no issues driving in for the three days we will visit the parks.

You don't lose that much by not staying onsite, unlike WDW.