PDA

View Full Version : 5 more years? Really???

BrerGnat
11-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Do we REALLY have to wait 5 more years for another ICOT celebration??? :(

By then, I will almost be "old." (i.e. 40) ;)

Ian
11-01-2012, 09:41 AM
I think we should do annual celebrations. :secret:

AgentC
11-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Do we REALLY have to wait 5 more years for another ICOT celebration??? :(

Ouch! What will that make me? :old:

:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
11-01-2012, 10:53 AM

:thumbsup: :party: :thumbsup:

Still think the idea for a :sail: at some point is a stellar idea.... :D

Imalismom
11-01-2012, 01:13 PM
It will take me 5 years to save up for the next one - no wait - if things go as planned I will be living near the mouse....

TinkerbellT421
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I will have to talk DBF into saving some money to make an extra trip :mickey: That or if it can be done by luck during a trip we were planning on going to anyway (due to work vacation time restraints :( )

If there is going to be another one would it be done in October again?

BriarRose0708
11-01-2012, 01:40 PM
:thumbsup: :party: :thumbsup:

I will definitely start saving now for that! It's crazy how fast the last five years went, but ICOT20 seems so far away, doesn't it?

Ed
11-01-2012, 02:03 PM

I've got shoes older than that. :(

I'm ready. :party:

Now you're talking!!

Of course, we could all zoom back there this Sunday, November 4th, for a birthday celebration for a certain Master Control Program...

Buttercup
11-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Jenn and I were saying the same thing! But it's soooo much work for John & all the mods to organize something so huge every year.
So we were thinking every 5 years, it could be a "BIG" Intercot trip, but on the off-years, we could just have a more informal trip with get-togethers at certain rides or restaurants.

Let's DOOOO it! :mickey:

Ian
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Or certain bars ... named after certain types of food ... with jelly ....

Dsnygirl
11-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Or certain bars ... named after certain types of food ... with jelly ....

... and rolls... :party:

SBETigg
11-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Poor Nat, almost 40 in five years.

I'm going to start aging backwards so I can be almost 40 then, too. Then maybe I can stay up late and write and still not be too tired to go play at Jellyrolls after hours with you wild youngsters.

John
11-01-2012, 05:10 PM
First - we don't want to be like the big D and have a celebration every year... :thedolls:

Second, if I had to plan a gathering every year, I'd be in my grave by the time I'm 50. :ill: Not to mention in the poor house ;)

Every Five for a site sponsored event is ideal.

There's always the Meet's forum - any time you are headed there... post and I'll be you are suprised at how many other ICOT folks are there at the same time.

AgentC
11-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Poor Nat, almost 40 in five years.

I'm going to start aging backwards so I can be almost 40 then, too. Then maybe I can stay up late and write and still not be too tired to go play at Jellyrolls after hours with you wild youngsters.

:funny:

TinkerbellT421
11-01-2012, 05:38 PM
First - we don't want to be like the big D and have a celebration every year... :thedolls:

Second, if I had to plan a gathering every year, I'd be in my grave by the time I'm 50. :ill: Not to mention in the poor house ;)

Every Five for a site sponsored event is ideal.

There's always the Meet's forum - any time you are headed there... post and I'll be you are suprised at how many other ICOT folks are there at the same time.

Lol!!! I can only imagine what this event took for planning!!!!

dpamac
11-01-2012, 06:21 PM

Plus, seriously, can you guys really be that tired every year? I got off the plane and slept for what felt like eight days.

Melanie
11-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Plus, seriously, can you guys really be that tired every year? I got off the plane and slept for what felt like eight days.

I was just talking to my son about this. I feel like I've got a serious case of jetlag today and have been legitimately concerned for those on the road at the same time I've been. I'm BEAT! :sleepin:

Ian
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I feel like I was run over by a Disney bus. :ill:

BrerGnat
11-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I was just talking to my son about this. I feel like I've got a serious case of jetlag today and have been legitimately concerned for those on the road at the same time I've been. I'm BEAT! :sleepin:

What the heck are you doing driving around? Sleep, woman!

Disney4us2
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Natalie mentioned this in another post. What about a Disneyland meet? Only 2 parks to navagate. Best part is you can walk between them. No busses to contend with. No hurricaines. Much smaller scale. It's Walt's original. You have a new DCA with WOC and Cars Land. Also there is still Snow White's scary adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Alice in Wonderland. :D

Dsnygirl
11-01-2012, 07:44 PM

I am SO glad I'm not the only one!! I feel like I just can NOT catch up on my sleep, and I'm back to work tonight, wondering how I am ever going to stay awake all night. :coffee: :eyes: :coffee: But I can also honestly say I've never had QUITE the wknd like that one before at Disney... Saturday as a whole about did me in. Margaritas for lunch after a champagne tasting, and that was only the start.... :crazy: :D

Dopey's Girl
11-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm so in for a Disneyland meet. I have a serious itch to get back there. Didn't get to see or do nearly enough. Name the time and place and I'm in!!

MelissaW
11-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Aaaah, but what a way to go! But seriously...I'm starting to save right now for the next meet! Wherever it may be. I'm totally broke! :spend:

Melanie
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
What the heck are you doing driving around? Sleep, woman!

You know....children, who must be fed and carted around. Not sure how they survived the last 2 weeks. ;)

AgentC
11-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I am SO glad I'm not the only one!! I feel like I just can NOT catch up on my sleep, and I'm back to work tonight, wondering how I am ever going to stay awake all night. :coffee: :eyes: :coffee:

I think I remember sleep. In 5 years, someone remind me to take a day (or 5 ) after ICOT20 off.

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 08:25 AM
I think I remember sleep. In 5 years, someone remind me to take a day (or 5 ) after ICOT20 off.

Really. No more "quick weekend trips" for future ICOT celebrations. I'm going to border it on both sides by at least 3 days. Need time to gear up and then recover. ;)

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 08:29 AM
And for the record, I would never suggest doing something on this scale every year. That would be madness. I can't even begin to fathom the amount of work that went into this, John. I wouldn't want that responsibility every year either!

But, it was just so much darn FUN! And, I missed about 1/3 of it, so I kind of feel slighted. :-o Stupid Sandy (and DH's stupid boss who made him go to work Monday). :mad:

Dsnygirl
11-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Really. No more "quick weekend trips" for future ICOT celebrations. I'm going to border it on both sides by at least 3 days. Need time to gear up and then recover. ;)

lol!! I wish we had that option, but seeing as our ability to do these "extra trips" during the school year means doing them sans children, while they generally forgive 4 days away at Disney, much longer than that would be pushing it, even with our very tolerant (and forgiving) Disney kids. ;)

Guess we'll just have to prepare for the worst and remember that we can sleep when we're dead.... :cheers: :party: :cheers:

Katzateer
11-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm so in for a Disneyland meet. I have a serious itch to get back there. Didn't get to see or do nearly enough. Name the time and place and I'm in!!

If I know at least a year in advance I would LOVE a Disneyland meet. If a group decides to get together I am in!

My husband has no interest in going to California but I would love to go back ( been over 30 years).

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 08:47 AM
If I know at least a year in advance I would LOVE a Disneyland meet. If a group decides to get together I am in!

Well, Gary's never been to Disneyland. We have to remedy that STAT!

Seriously, though, Disneyland would be an amazing place for a meet. NO BUSES.

Did you hear that everyone? NO BUSES!

Of course, it also means no Jellyrolls...but, I mean, there are bars everywhere. And a Beer Truck at DCA.

Did you hear that, Gary? A BEER TRUCK at DCA.

dpamac
11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Did you hear that, Gary? A BEER TRUCK at DCA.

Michael actually calls me at 3 a.m. once a week and just whispers that to me in a sultry voice. "Beeeer truuuuuck. Beeeer."

Patricia
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I lost three hours along the way home and I just woke up. For some reason I feel like I just stepped off the tea cups.
:crazy:

I don't think I had more than 4 or 5 hours sleep a night.. I packed two weeks into one.

Anyhoo, I'll need 5 years to rest up before the next one.

Who said Disneyland? I'm in!

AgentC
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Well, Gary's never been to Disneyland. We have to remedy that STAT!

I've never been either. Maybe we need to plan an unofficial DL meet.

brownie
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I've had no problems adjusting to real life. I think it was the early run on Friday morning. Next time everyone will have to come run with me.

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I've had no problems adjusting to real life. I think it was the early run on Friday morning. Next time everyone will have to come run with me.

Steve, I TOTALLY would have run with you if I had been there Friday morning.

However, next time, 6 PM. Okay? P.M.

Dsnygirl
11-02-2012, 04:16 PM

:funny: NOT!! :D

However, next time, 6 PM. Okay? P.M.

Well, okay.... maybe 6 pm... ;)

I lost three hours along the way home and I just woke up. For some reason I feel like I just stepped off the tea cups.
:crazy:

I don't think I had more than 4 or 5 hours sleep a night.. I packed two weeks into one.

Anyhoo, I'll need 5 years to rest up before the next one.

Who said Disneyland? I'm in!

:ditto: - and maybe even to the Disneyland part... we'd love to come back to Cali, got engaged in San Diego... hmmmm....

Yungbuck73
11-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Ok after hearing all the comments about Jelly Rolls, if im there with any of you, and I say I'm not going, PLEASE just kidnap me. I'll forgive you after. HAd to go back to hotel to rebook a flight that wound up being cancelled anyway. STUPID SANDY

JMTStone
11-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I wish I had gone to JellyRolls. Next meet, I won't be bringing any kids.

Sure, Mackenzie is a cute little Ninja but she'll be 15. Taylor, the 20 year old will be able to come.