PDA

View Full Version : ICOT 15 Playlist

Ian
10-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay fellow ICOT-15ers ... As is often the case with special events in life, the soundtrack is often the most powerful thing to bring back some memories. This trip for me was no exception, so I wanted to throw it out there to everyone else ...

What three songs would you say most remind you of ICT-15? It could be ones you heard during the weekend (or sang, if you made the Jellyrolls meet ;) ), one you think has lyrics that speak to your experiences, or even some special Disney music from the event.

Mine would definitely be:

Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - After seeing the opening lyrics to this on the door to the Hard Rock at Universal the song was totally stuck in my head all weekend!
Paradise By the Dashboard Light - A Jellyrolls classic that pretty much always reminds me of INTERCOT meets. Was fortunate enough to sing it again with John in the exact same spot we sang it for the 10th. Very cool moment for me.
I'll Tell Me Ma - They played this old Irish folk song that I happen to love at Raglan Road and I really had a blast singing along. That was a good night.

Your turn!!!

PirateLover
10-31-2012, 11:06 PM
1. The "Boo To You Parade" theme song... It was our first time at WDW for the Halloween Party and that song is definitely stuck in both of our heads.

2. Gonna have to 2nd "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"... It was one of the few songs I got to enjoy before the buzzkills dragged me home :cool: Always a fun sing-a-long song.

3. it's a small world after all :thedolls::thedolls:

BrerGnat
11-01-2012, 08:31 AM
1. The "Boo To You Parade" theme song... It was our first time at WDW for the Halloween Party and that song is definitely stuck in both of our heads.

This one for me! This was also my first MNSHHP and I am STILL singing that song!

BriarRose0708
11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
1) Small World. Still haven't heard from that fourth boat...

2) You've Got A Friend In Me It was so great catching up with the Intercot Family and making new friends. Also, I was so thankful for all the support going around to each other while we tried to figure out how Sandy was going to impact us at home and while in Orlando. I am fortunate enough to get home on time but my heart is breaking for members in the hardest hit areas.

3) Don't Stop Believin' Playing air guitar while singing with everyone at Jellyroll's is one of my number one memories of the trip.

PopPhan
11-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Ian, you're dating yourself with that reference to Karn Evil #9 !!! LOL How many of our fellow Intercotees were even born when that song was popular? Hahahahaha!!!

"Welcome back, my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside, come inside....."

Yes, I am that old! :blush:

dpamac
11-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Ian, you're dating yourself with that reference to Karn Evil #9 !!! LOL How many of our fellow Intercotees were even born when that song was popular? Hahahahaha!!!

"Welcome back, my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside, come inside....."

Yes, I am that old! :blush:

This song was a three day discussion. Seriously. We talked about it for three days straight. Sometimes heatedly and nearly came to fisticuffs.

Dsnygirl
11-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Paradise By the Dashboard Light - A Jellyrolls classic that pretty much always reminds me of INTERCOT meets. Was fortunate enough to sing it again with John in the exact same spot we sang it for the 10th. Very cool moment for me.
I'll Tell Me Ma - They played this old Irish folk song that I happen to love at Raglan Road and I really had a blast singing along. That was a good night.

:ditto: :ditto: Definitely these two... am STILL singing Paradise by the Dashboard, and now will think of you all every time my band plays I'll Tell Me Ma for sure!!

Boo to You... always... and Piano Man! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Boogie Wonderland(Earth, Wind, Fire), Celebrate(Kool and the Gang), and Jump(Pointer Sisters). The three songs that were always playing at the bus stop at Pop. Overall, though, I kept singing The Yeti is Down in my head.

Ian
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
... will think of you all every time my band plays I'll Tell Me Ma for sure!!I so wanted to volunteer you to sit in with them!

:nopity:

Overall, though, I kept singing The Yeti is Down in my head.That's another good one ... Dirty Old Town which all of us nearly lost it over when they played it at Raglan Road!

Dsnygirl
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I so wanted to volunteer you to sit in with them!

That's another good one ... Dirty Old Town which all of us nearly lost it over when they played it at Raglan Road!

I have never been so thankful to NOT have a fiddle player on stage... ;) And I am going to have to find a way to get Dirty Old Town into our set list -- and then I'll post it here with OUR lyrics just for everyone!!

dpamac
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I so wanted to volunteer you to sit in with them!

That's another good one ... Dirty Old Town which all of us nearly lost it over when they played it at Raglan Road!

What an amazing coincidence that the band and Stuffy played that while we were there.

Ian
11-01-2012, 04:15 PM
What an amazing coincidence that the band and Stuffy played that while we were there.Yes, I'm sure it was pure coincidence. ;)

I actually kept expecting them to switch over to singing, "I met me love in the Animal Kingdom. Had some lunch at the Flame Tree Grill!"

dpamac
11-01-2012, 06:30 PM
As a lover of Irish/Celtic punk I love The Rumjacks' version of "I'll Tell Me Ma." But if you want the more traditional you can't go wrong with The Dubliners, The Clancy Brothers or The Young Dubliners.

Imalismom
11-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, Ali fell in love with a new perfume in France, and yes, I guess I did buy it for her... so on our playlist is:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid656512191001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAGw7qf0~,upGESTlL FacKAqbj9zL-E3HDTSvg-feU&bctid=1715905561001

MelissaW
11-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I too have to say the Boo To You Parade has been stuck in my head this week. My co-workers have actually walked past my office and caught me listening on You Tube and wondered what the heck I'm listening to! :mpumpkin: But I have to say the others on my ICOT15 playlist would be:
Grim Grinning Ghosts - Love that one and especially since it was so close to Halloween this time that I was there! :ghost:
The Magic Kingdom Welcome song :cloud9: and the area music in Norway! Love it all!

PirateLover
11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Can't believe I forgot about Yeti!!! We were singing variations of that all weekend, especially when Splash Mountain was down!

Melanie
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes, I'm sure it was pure coincidence. ;)

Yah, especially when it was dedicated to you guys. ;)

I'd say definitely:

Get Out Of My Dreams - after seeing 104 year old Billy Ocean. :funny:

The Yeti is Down

Defying Gravity - from Jellyrolls

ETA: Oh, and I'm going to cheat and add Whiskey in a Jar by Off Kilter.

It really should be a best of 5 list. :D

PirateLover
11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Get Out Of My Dreams - after seeing 104 year old Billy Ocean. :funny:

LOL My husband is SO MAD that we couldn't extend our stay, and he missed Billy Ocean! He is always singing Caribbean Queen.

Ian
11-03-2012, 04:29 PM
As a lover of Irish/Celtic punk I love The Rumjacks' version of "I'll Tell Me Ma."Thanks for the recommendation, Gary! I just bought this on iTunes and can't stop listening to it! :thumbsup: