PDA

View Full Version : The Wave - Good food/bad service?

azcavalier
10-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Is this accurate? We have ADRs for The Wave on April 30th. We have never eaten here, but it seems that most of the posts (or people i've just talked to about it) say that the food is good, but that the servers are less than exceptional.

Itchy
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Is this accurate? We have ADRs for The Wave on April 30th. We have never eaten here, but it seems that most of the posts (or people i've just talked to about it) say that the food is good, but that the servers are less than exceptional.

We ( my lady friend and I ) eat there almost every trip. We use to eat at Cali Grill before we found the Wave.

We found the food at the Wave to be as good or better than Cali Grill, and for service we have never had a bad server.

I even go there with my daughters when we go down to WDW. They as well think the food and service is good.

Hope this helps and enjoy your meal...:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
We've only eaten here once. Food was good, nothing outstanding. If I never eat there again no big deal, but everything was good.

Service was good until the bill came. I had a question about a charge on the bill and he was just plain rude after that. Good thing it was at the end of our meal. Up until that point he was great.

Basket Mommy
10-31-2012, 12:41 PM
We've eaten there once for breakfast. The buffet was great - best grits I have ever eaten. Our server was very attentive, but we had a later ADR & most of the breakfast crowd was gone, so we were one of very few tables she had. Still, very good service. Would love to eat there again!

phillydan
10-31-2012, 12:46 PM
We did a last minute ADR at The Wave on our last trip and were pleasantly surpised. The food and service were great. I was concerned that the menu would not appeal to our kids, but the server worked with them to substitute the 'weird" sides with a more appealing alternative. Everyone enjoyed the meal and I thought the server went above and beyond to ensure we had an enjoyable meal.

As a side note, a family at another table had some sort of allergy issue during their meal; the attention they received from the staff (server, manager, chef) was nothing short of amazing. The family had a small child and did not speak much English, but everyone was smiling at the end.

I would say that your experience at any restaurant can vary from day to day, so the positive and negative reviews by others have to be balanced with what your expectations will be and who is working that day.

jmj18
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM
We had breakfast there on Easter Sunday and the service and food were amazing...even with the big crowd.

Enjoy!

:mickey:

Figment!
10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Just had dinner there last week, found both the food and the service to be very good.

Individual experiences can always vary, but I really liked the lamb shank and had an very attentive and helpful server.