PDA

View Full Version : Our short but sweet Intercot meet vacation part 2

Katzateer
10-30-2012, 12:05 PM
The day (Thursday) was not too bad to start out weather wise but it was going to rain.

Our first stop was Kona's. We had a nice breakfast -Tonga toast and a pressed pot of coffee for me and a fruit plate ad iced tea for DH.

On to Downtown Disney. The first shop where you can design tshirts and all the Disney artwork..can't remember the name. There was a sign out front that said Larry Dotson was having a special signing event at the store starting at 11am. It was around that time, so I walked it, found a print, ad ad him sign it. Nice picture of the castle and Mickey and I believe Walt walking into the castle.

Strange that an artist was there - the last time Jim Shore was at the same location and I got to meet him also and have him sign a piece. I don't think they are at WDW that often so I was lucky!

Got 6 different types of and some spices at Mickey's Pantry. Walked around at the stores and got back on bus to go to AK lodge.

yjgirl32
10-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Another good report thanks for sharing.

Katzateer
10-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Walked around at AKLodge and got to see lots f animals!!! Took bus to MK and then launch to Wilderness Lodge. We got rained on during the ride, the rain stopped but once we got into the lodge it started pouring. Still had some time before our meal, so relaxed in the lobby. I spent a little time getting caught up with my Internet activities and my DH took a nap.

Before our trip, I had checked out new dining for us. Artist Pointe and Narcossee's were both new for us.

I really didn't like Artist Pointe that much. The menu had so things I wasn't sure if I would like. We both ended up getting a chicken breast dish that was good, but I wouldn't go back knowing the other dining options we could go to. The berry cobbler was very good.

It was a rainy night and we went back to the room. I did a little laundry and read and DH watched TV.

Next day Friday and the Halloween party!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Sounds great. I love the desing your own t-shirt store at Downtown. My son's girlfriend wanted a Tigger t-shirt and we couldn't find it in the parks, got it specially made there.

SBETigg
10-30-2012, 02:22 PM
I was in AK when that rain came, but fortunately it did not last long. I ended up buying a poncho and I never used it. Sorry to hear that Artist Point was disappointing for you.

DisneyorBust
10-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Great luck getting to meet another artist. Looks like this trip is pretty good so far, thanks for sharing.

emerzmom
11-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Two different artists...you really are lucky! Sounds like you had a rainy but very nice 2nd :mickey: day.
:tink:
Julie

faline
11-02-2012, 03:52 PM
It did pour for a while that afternoon!

Seems like you had a nice, relaxed day - sorry the dining establishment you chose didn't live up to your expectations.

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks for reporting.