PDA

View Full Version : Our short but sweet Intercot meet vacation part 1

Katzateer
10-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Our first no kid, just my husband and I WDW trip (except for a one day visit in 1975 for our honeymoon). Left behind our 23 year old daughter to house and pet sit. And our Disney fanatic college freshman that was very sad to be at school and not able to come.

Took Amtrak (train station less than a mile from our house) to Philadelphia 30th street station and Septa to the airport. Ran about $17 a person for both trains so even at round trip for the 2 of us cheaper than parking at the airport for a week. And no Wednesday morning commuter traffic to worry about!:thumbsup:

Our flight was non eventful and Magical Express was quick and easy.

Art of Animation check in was easy also. And the resort is fantastic!!:cloud9: Got my room request-4th floor king bed in Mermaid section.

Had our passes checked to see how many remaining days we had and was pleasantly surprised we had enough for this trip and a trip for my youngest and I in January!

(We only ended up using ONE day on our pass this trip:thedolls: but more on that later.)

After check in we went to the food court. It was around 1 but we were starving so just took our carryons with us to the table.

I had a pulled pork sandwich and homemade chips which were very tasty. My DH had a turkey sandwich with same chips. Also got some Mickey shaped fruit tarts which were very good. Dark chocolate crust, with not-too-sweet custard filling and blueberries, kiwi, blackberries as strawberries on top. Yum! One of them slipped off the tray to the floor when I sat down at the table. One of the workers gladly got me another one, which was very nice.

Our walk to the Little Mermaid section was not bad - about 5 minutes. The room was so bright and everything new - loved it. For the 2 of us it was perfect but would be too small with 4 people.

I did not like how the bathroom was set up. A sliding door into the toilet, sink and shower. Huge bathroom but I like it better when the sink is separate - easier to get ready if someone is in the shower.

We unpacked and took a tour of the resort before dinner. I figured if I didn't take pictures the first day, it wouldnt happen. Took lots of pictures of the Little Mermaid, Lion King and Cars sections and the main pool. Very, very nice!!!:thumbsup::mickey:

On to the MK bus since we were dining at Narcossees and hopefully watching Wishes. When we got to MK took a launch to Polynesian (my husband likes to ride the boats) and then the monorail to the Contemporary ( I like the shops there.). On to the Grad Floridian.

Our dinner at Narcossee's was very good. I got the filet that was melt in your mouth perfect. I think it is one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. I got the almond encrusted cheesecake and it was:cloud9:. Can't remember what my husband got but it was a chicken dish, I believe. And he got a sorbet for dessert.

The only disappointing part about the evening, we could not see Wishes from our table. At the last minute, the window we were sitting by had people all in front of us and even standing we could not see.

Katzateer
10-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Took bus back to AoA and checked to see if anyone was able to meet by the pool to talk.

We were able to find Sherri(SBETigg) and Nikki(BriarRose0708). and sat by the pool and talked. Glad we had the chance to visit- enjoyed meeting both of you!!

It was before midnight when we got back to our room.
Instead of going to the parks Decided for Thursday we would do a little shopping and resort hopping between our meals at Kona and Artist Pointe. Had plenty of days for the parks later in our trip ( not:thedolls:).

yjgirl32
10-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-30-2012, 01:22 PM
sounds great:thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-30-2012, 01:42 PM
We kept you up late. :) I have no regrets. I also love riding the boats around. Sounds like a great time around the Seven Seas Lagoon, resorts, and Narcoossee's, always one of my favorites (except bummer about the views).

Also, I was pleased to see the Art of Animation resort, looks like a fun place and not tacky as I'd feared from the pictures I'd seen. Sometimes pictures really don't give a good idea. Also with the Be Our Guest restaurant. They did an amazing job on that, breathtaking in person much more than in pictures.

DisneyorBust
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Sounds like you two had a great start to your vacation, except for being unable to view Wishes!
So many :thedolls: in your report, but I'm hoping for the best!

emerzmom
11-01-2012, 01:01 PM
It sounds like a lot more :mickey:than :thedolls:. The first day of WDW is always special!
:tink:
Julie

faline
11-02-2012, 03:30 PM
That wraparound porch setup at Narcoosee's really does interfere with being able to watch Wishes from your table - that's disappointing! Glad you were able to meet Sherri and Nikki - must have been a fun mini-meet!!

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: