PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, john!

figgie
10-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to John for all the hard work it took to put together ICOT 15!!! I had so much fun with old and new friends and I wish it didn't end so fast. Anyway, John, THANK YOU!!! You are appreciated, just in case you hadn't got that message....:number1:

SBETigg
10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Thank you, John! And thank you all, all of you mods who put in such hard work and made it all a very special trip.

Dopey's Girl
10-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Thank you, John! And thank you all, all of you mods who put in such hard work and made it all a very special trip.

:ditto:

It was a great weekend! Can't wait to do it again sometime!

hoop de do
10-29-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm trying to remember which one of you was John. :D "Just Kiddin'"

I concur with everyone in saying it was an unforgettable event. I'm sure it took a lot of emails, phone calls and "well in advanced" planning.
It gave me a much better appreciation for the moderators and staff. Also, our sponsors were generous in there help, without them it may have been cost prohibitive for some. We have a super group of Disney freaks and I can't wait for the next event. I have to quit now I think I'm gonna' cry. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PirateLover
10-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, Thank You!!! I am so glad we came and finally got to meet so many fellow members. It was a blast. :number1:

Buttercup
10-29-2012, 11:22 PM
We had SUCH a great time. Thanks again John & the gang!

BrerGnat
10-30-2012, 09:05 AM
It was so fun and such a success that I didn't even meet all the people I wanted to (I'm lookin' at you, Sherri and Meg!). :(

I guess that means I HAVE to go next time too, huh?

THANK YOU John!!! It was an amazing weekend, even with the dark cloud of Sandy hanging over it.

SBETigg
10-30-2012, 09:09 AM
It was so fun and such a success that I didn't even meet all the people I wanted to (I'm lookin' at you, Sherri and Meg!). :(

Yes, go next time, too! I don't know what happened there. I know we had to have been at some of the same places at the same time, but there were so many of us. We all kept reporting that we hadn't seen any Brazilian tour groups, and then we would realize that we were the large tour group people might have been trying to avoid this time. But it was so fun!

BrerGnat
10-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes, go next time, too! I don't know what happened there. I know we had to have been at some of the same places at the same time, but there were so many of us. We all kept reporting that we hadn't seen any Brazilian tour groups, and then we would realize that we were the large tour group people might have been trying to avoid this time. But it was so fun!

Admittedly, I ended up getting caught up in conversations for long periods of time and I didn't really make the rounds like I should have. I looked for you at the Norway meet. Were you there? I did miss the column meet...stupid WDW buses...

SBETigg
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Admittedly, I ended up getting caught up in conversations for long periods of time and I didn't really make the rounds like I should have. I looked for you at the Norway meet. Were you there? I did miss the column meet...stupid WDW buses...

I was there, but left in the middle for a Maelstrom ride (fastpass time came up) and came back, then left shortly after Duffy's arrival. I'd hoped to make Illuminations and Jelly Rolls, but I wore out before then.

Dsnygirl
10-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Another big shout-out to John for all the hard work and dedication it took to put together this event... but it was definitely worth it, it was SUCH a great wknd!! So thank you SO much... it's a good sign that so many of us are looking forward to ICOT 2O, right?? :D

(and ditto to everyone saying they didn't meet everyone they wanted to... I feel like I missed SO many people!!! And I'm sure that list is going to get longer as I see more people posting that were there, and I realize I missed them, too.... hopefully as pictures make the rounds we'll at least see each other that way!! )

TikiGoddess
10-30-2012, 12:46 PM
I had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Duffy had the time of his life, and will be writing a trip report, with pictures. (Yes, I was the crazy lady carrying Duffy everywhere. But it was all for my girls at home, and they loved the pictures).

Hope everyone got home safely, or is enjoying their extended stay in Orlando.

Thanks to everyone who helped organize the events, especially the happy hour in Norway. Let's do that one again. :)

Kathy

Dsnygirl
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
(Yes, I was the crazy lady carrying Duffy everywhere. But it was all for my girls at home, and they loved the pictures)

Thanks to everyone who helped organize the events, especially the happy hour in Norway. Let's do that one again. :)

Kathy

Sure, sure.... :blush: (like I'm one to talk....) And :ditto: to the happy hour... that was some fun!! :beer: :cheers: :beer:

dpamac
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
(Yes, I was the crazy lady carrying Duffy everywhere. But it was all for my girls at home, and they loved the pictures).

You're going to have to be more specific. Our crew had a lot of crazy ladies carrying Duffy everywhere. It's in our nature, I suppose.

Katzateer
10-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Another big shout-out to John for all the hard work and dedication it took to put together this event... but it was definitely worth it, it was SUCH a great wknd!! So thank you SO much! )

:thumbsup::mickey: Thank you - it was great!

jennsky
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
I just want to say thank-you so much to all of you for hosting such a great event! We really had a fantastic time. I will definitely be going to the next event so look out ICOT20!! Pleasure meeting all of you!

Dopey's Girl
10-30-2012, 04:45 PM

THANK YOU John!!! It was an amazing weekend, even with the dark cloud of Sandy hanging over it.

I'm bummed we didn't get to meet too Natalie! Next time!

MelissaW
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Another big shout-out to John for all the hard work and dedication it took to put together this event... but it was definitely worth it, it was SUCH a great wknd!! So thank you SO much... it's a good sign that so many of us are looking forward to ICOT 2O, right?? :D

(and ditto to everyone saying they didn't meet everyone they wanted to... I feel like I missed SO many people!!! And I'm sure that list is going to get longer as I see more people posting that were there, and I realize I missed them, too.... hopefully as pictures make the rounds we'll at least see each other that way!! )

Yes - thank you to John, Ian, Melanie, Gary and all others so involved in making this weekend such a great success! I know it took some major planning and hard work and I just wanted to thank you all again for such a wonderfully magical weekend! I had so much fun meeting so many fellow Disney Fans. And I really do believe we have a very special community that John has built here and I look forward to attending ICOT20! I'm praying for all who have been affected by "Stupid Sandy" if any of you need anything, please send a shout out - I know all of us will try and help out how we can! Thank you again for EVERYTHING this weekend! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
You're going to have to be more specific. Our crew had a lot of crazy ladies carrying Duffy everywhere. It's in our nature, I suppose.

:fresh:

disneymom15
10-31-2012, 09:50 AM
A big THANK YOU to John and all involved in putting together the meet.

BriarRose0708
10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks to John, sponsors, moderators, and board members for a spectacular weekend!

As fun as the meet was, I am thankful to Intercot in general for being a welcoming and friendly place for all of us to gather. I don't think there would be any other group of people who would offer to share their rooms with stranded travelers, invite strangers to dine with them, and send virtual pixie dust from afar to those in need. I am so grateful to have you all in my life!

Patricia
10-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Big thanks for everything, John. That was a big meet and you pulled it all together. The Yeti shirts were a great idea. The Animal Kingdom CM's loved them! It was so great to see old friends and make some new ones.. Now, I must go to sleep. :mickey:

KarenP
10-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks John. It was so much fun!!

10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Was glad I got to meet up with some of the Intercot 15 group before fireworks at the Rose Garden landing during the halloween party last Friday.
Because of my work schedule that night I was only able to spend a few minutes while on my break between parades but enjoyed it.

Melanie
11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Was glad I got to meet up with some of the Intercot 15 group before fireworks at the Rose Garden landing during the halloween party last Friday.
Because of my work schedule that night I was only able to spend a few minutes while on my break between parades but enjoyed it.

What an absolute pleasure it was to meet and talk with you that night. SO glad you came down to find the group! :thumbsup:

Ian
11-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I really have to thank John, as well. I was super busy in the months leading up to the meet and was sort of tuned out to all that was happening.

What a first class celebration, though! The two main meets were just amazing as were all the smaller ones in between. I just can't imagine what went into all the planning nor can I ever show proper appreciation for how much effort John gave to plan this amazing weekend for us all.

So a giant "Thanks!!!" to a guy I truly consider one of my best friends ... I hope the HH gifts did a little bit to show you just how much we all value our relationship with you. :thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

Edited to add - Man I can't believe I forgot to thank all our sponsors!!! Magical Journeys, Official Ticket Center, Strollers & Groceries, Universal Orlando ... all the supporters who helped make the event a big success! I knew as soon as I saw the crowd assembled for the MJ trivia event that we were in for something special. Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!