PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Ship Damaged

waymickey
10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
The Fantasy was damaged trying to return to port. Hurricane Sandy rocked it all over the ocean doing damage to restaurants, shops and glass windows shattered. Cruisers were not happy.

Ed
10-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Yes, Fantasy got caught in some pretty nasty weather and sustained some damage to shops and open areas, but apparently nothing major. She is now back at sea on a scheduled cruise. You can find some video on cnn.com under the "iReports" section.

The good news is that no injuries were reported.

figgie
10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I saw the video. Glad no one was hurt and they were able to do a trun around trip so fast. Way to go Disney!:sail:

Lindsey310
10-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I saw the video, blog and pictures. Shocking! I feel bad for those passengers! No cruising during hurricane season for me! :blush:

ElenitaB
10-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Yesterday two ships sailed out of NY Harbor: one left early at noon and was heading south towards Sandy. :eek: Around 5:30, I heard the QM2 sound its horns as it sailed away, but apparently it's sailing East. A lively conversation ensued here about whether either one of us would sail during a hurricane (I was on the "there's not enough money in the world" side). Later I showed my brave one the video from the Fantasy. Kinda made my point for me.

joanna71985
10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I was on that cruise. It was scary at times, but I had complete faith in the captain

JMTStone
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
We were on a double-dip on the Dream during a hurricane. We missed our second dip at Castaway Cay and ended up in Nassau a day early but the captain pretty much sailed around it. Yes, it was sad we missed our second dip but we WERE on a Disney ship and I ended up using my rainforest pass for more hours than I expected. Yummy!