PDA

View Full Version : Which cruise?

Cinderelley
10-28-2012, 02:07 AM
I am trying to decide between a round trip cruise to Hawaii or an Eastern/Western Caribbean cruise. Has anyone done either of those? Which is better and why?

Lindsey310
10-28-2012, 09:23 AM
We haven't done either cruise wise but we have flown to Maui Hawaii last year, and vacation in the Caribbean every year.

I would do the roundtrip Hawaii if you can stand being on the boat that long. I got a little motion sickness/seasick on the Disney dream cruise and that one was only 5 days/4 nights.:ill:
Hawaii is so beautiful and it is a must see. You can go to the Caribbean any time. :cheers:

DizneyRox
10-31-2012, 06:56 AM
While Hawaii is still on my bucket list, it's on there as a destination, not a voyage. While I LOVE cruising, I think I would rather spend my time on the island than on the way to/from there. In the Caribbean, there are a ton of Islands to see.

If your looking for a nice long trip, the Panama Canal is a great cruise. You see a little of both sides and I do feel the Atlantic side of the voyage is a little better in terms of sights. Love Costa Rica though, I'd go back there or a 'normal' vacation in a heart beat.

Southern Caribbean is a nice trp as well, I don't care much for Western Caribbean ports of call.

So, my vote would be Caribban...

Cinderelley
10-31-2012, 10:53 PM
lol One vote for each.

BrerGnat
11-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Caribbean.

I wouldn't enjoy a cruise around Hawaii. Like Rox, I'd like to actually EXPLORE Hawaii. That is not a "port" destination like most other cruises. Plus, there really aren't any great cruises doing Hawaii sailings.

You have a LOT of choice in cruise ships/lines going to the Caribbean, as well as many different itineraries to choose from.

I prefer Eastern/Southern Caribbean to Western, personally.

Cinderelley
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Hmmm. Two of you said you would prefer other Caribbean destinations than western. Why is that?

DizneyRox
11-02-2012, 07:26 AM
There's a ton of choices Eastern/Southern. Western seems to be the same itinerary regardless.

My better half says unless they stop at St Thomas it ain't a vacation. :confused:

Which all boils down to personal preference I guess. We don't even look at Western Itineraries though, it's like those weeks just don't exist.

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Hmmm. Two of you said you would prefer other Caribbean destinations than western. Why is that?

Few reasons.

I have NO desire to return to any Mexican ports. I hate Mexico.

Ditto Jamaica.

EVERY Western Caribbean cruise stops in both of these locations.

I far prefer the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and the southern Caribbean Islands.

DizneyRox
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Few reasons.

I have NO desire to return to any Mexican ports. I hate Mexico.

Ditto Jamaica.

EVERY Western Caribbean cruise stops in both of these locations.

I was trying to be nice... A stop at Puerto Rico is just another day at sea for me as well.

BrerGnat
11-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I was trying to be nice... A stop at Puerto Rico is just another day at sea for me as well.

Puerto Rico is my home island. So, I like it because of that. :thumbsup: And, I know all the good places to go. ;)

CMCTxMom
11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I've been to Hawaii three times and I'd still never cruise there. I'm in the same camp with those votes saying that Hawaii is somewhere you'd want to explore more- not spend your time at sea. It's so wonderful - go visit!

Cinderelley
11-05-2012, 03:10 AM
I've always really wanted to go to Puerto Rico to see the rainforest. Sounds like it should be an eastern/southern caribbean cruise then. Thank you for all the information everyone. Any top recommendations for things to do?