PDA

View Full Version : Live from Pop Century! Park Day 2

BriarRose0708
10-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Another packed day with a great ending. This morning I wanted to take my time getting ready but my eyes popped open at 7:30 a.m. I still took my time but managed to get to EPCOT at 9:45. I went over the The Land thinking I'd get a Fast Pass for Soarin' but the wait was only posted as 40 minutes so I got in standby. I was actually boarding my hang glider about 20 minutes later, and I got the middle of the B section in row 2! The crowds were starting to pick up a little and I couldn't believe how long the line was for Spaceship Earth.

After riding SE it was 10:45 so I thought I'd better get in line at the Canada booth. I'd heard there could be lines a mile long at 10:30 before, but as I approached the kiosk at 10:55 I was the only one in line! They opened a few minutes early and I used a CS credit for three items, all delicious! I was so hungry by 11 that I inhaled it all and probably should have savored it a little more. Since it was still early there were no waits for anything in World Showcase. I ate and drank my way along Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, and Morocco. Around 2ish I heard from Jared that he and his lovely girlfriend Talie were in EPCOT too, so I met up with them and walked around a bit eventually meeting up with Cher (TheSorcererofFantasia) and her husband. We shopped around, snacked some more, and went to check out the Chase Card Lounge.

This is where I had a minor freak out. I couldn't find my license or Visa Rewards card. Earlier in the day I had taken them out of my wallet and put them in a pocket of my bag so that they'd be handy when I needed to pay for something or I got carded. While in the lounge, I looked in that pocket and only my room key was in there. I took everything out of my bag (or so I thought) and couldn't find them. I didn't remember where I used my Rewards Card last or if they could have fallen out of my purse somewhere. I didn't care that much about the Rewards Card but was very concerned about my license because I need that to fly home! I couldn't believe this was happening. Trying not to panic I went to Guest Relations but nothing was turned in. I retraced my steps around half the World Showcase and nowhere had anyone turned in a license. Feeling defeated, I decided there was nothing else I could do but call the lost and found number throughout the rest of my trip and hope. I took out my phone to text Jared, and glanced down into my bag, and my eye was drawn to a pocket I didn't even know existed (just got this bag a couple days ago) and there were my ID and Rewards Card! DOH! Have to say, I felt really dumb but really relieved.

Then, just as I was on my way out to head back to Pop to freshen up before dinner, the skies opened up. Taking shelter under Spaceship Earth, I hoped this was not a preview of the weather to come tomorrow. When the stream of water let up a bit, I pulled on the poncho and made it back to the hotel with just enough time to wash my face, try to dry my hair, and look presentable before getting a bus to the Magic Kingdom.

Took the resort monorail over to the Poly and met up with Jared, Talie, Sherri, Amy, Kathy, Christine and her husband John! There was also a special guest appearance by Blythe and Dan during dinner. We had a great meal and a great view of the Magic Kingdom! So glad I tried Ohana and thanks to everyone for sharing in this experience with me!

I'm here now relaxing in the room and munching on a dark chocolate salted caramel I picked up earlier today. Tomorrow morning I get to start the day with Kona breakfast and then playing around in the MK and at MNSSHP with the Intercotees!

SBETigg
10-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Dinner was fantastic! Good food, great company. I'm still in a meat coma, back at Pop, trying to write. It's hard to work after 'Ohana.

Also, little known fact:
'Ohana means family. But also means, thank goodness I packed the dental floss.

DisneyorBust
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
An almost "lost' license, been there, definitely not a good feeling. Thankfully it turned up and you won't have to go thru the "enhanced screening" at MCO.
Sounds like everyone had a great time at 'Ohana. I never knew that 'Ohana meant "thank goodness' I packed the dental floss". :laughing:
You can learn something new here on Intercot. :D

emerzmom
10-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Glad you found your license. I have done the same thing before...thought I lost my license, freaked out, only to find it tucked away somewhere.
Your trip sounds great! Going at your own pace, doing a few things on your own, then meeting up with new and old friends. Wonderful!
Enjoy!
:tink:
Julie

yjgirl32
10-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I have lost(misplaced) my license too- its very very scary. Glad everything worked out. Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

faline
11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
What a panicky feeling it is to lose one's license like that!! Glad all was well in the end.

It really poured buckets during that rain shower. We were lucky enough to be back in our room preparing for our dinner reservations for that evening when the skies opened up!!

Suz36
11-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Glad you escaped a real headache! Looking at your dates I'm now realizing this happened around Sandy time. Hope all the revelers didn't get rained out!

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: