PDA

View Full Version : Your Very Own Re-Furb....

RavsRuleDisney!
10-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Ok, for my 100th post, I give everyone the job of COO of Refurbs. :thumbsup: So if you could pick one ride/attraction to makeover starting today, what would it be and what would you do?

MickeysBestPal
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Ok, for my 100th post, I give everyone the job of COO of Refurbs. :thumbsup: So if you could pick one ride/attraction to makeover starting today, what would it be and what would you do?

Fix the "disco" yeti at the climax of Exp. Everest.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Oh, forgot to add my own....have to go with Country Bear Jam - I sat thru this a few trips back with the family after not sseing it since my '70's trips as a kid. WOW! I do remember getting a kick out of it back then and maybe through a childs eye it is a funny/cute/sing-a-long but I was almost in pain sitting thru this now. Outdated humor, and the animatronics and the venue as a whole needs some serious sprucing up a la IASW for example. Just seemed musty and tired like a forgotten attraction. Still luv Big Al of course.... ;)

They just need to add a jolt of life to this one. Brighten the room a bit, re-vamp the music and the jokes and maybe bring the animatronics into the 21st century. Viola! A shiny new updated classic! :number1:

Gator
10-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Two refurbs I would do. I would definitely change the CaptainEo/HISTA attraction. It would become a TRON 4D flick. The CMs would be in "computer warrior" costumes and the music would be awesome.

The other refurb would be at Universe of Energy. I would dump Ellen and the Science Guy, and replace them with someone that actually funny and clever. Then, I would put cushions on the seats so that my nap there would be much more pleasant.

taleasoldastime
10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
I would refurb muppets 3D and make it new and exciting! I love the idea of muppets 3D but I feel like philharmagic just blows it away. So I would bring some better effects and make the storyline a little more exciting... Unless something else comes to mind later.
:)
I would also change LMA. If not change the show completely, at least change it so people dont feel like they see the same thing over and over.

Roger's #1 Fan
10-25-2012, 12:14 PM
So hard to pick just one....

Carousel of Progress - Update animatronics and spruce up the first three scenes. Create a new final scene with current or innovative items. (3D flatscreen TV, motion sensor video game, surface counter in kitchen, etc. )

Imagination Pavilion - Reset/redo ride with Figment and Dreamfinder. Refresh and update the post ride play area. Put in a new 4D movie in place of EO. (I like Gator's TRON idea!)

Ms. Mode
10-25-2012, 01:57 PM
So hard to pick just one....

Carousel of Progress - Update animatronics and spruce up the first three scenes. Create a new final scene with current or innovative items. (3D flatscreen TV, motion sensor video game, surface counter in kitchen, etc. )

Imagination Pavilion - Reset/redo ride with Figment and Dreamfinder. Refresh and update the post ride play area. Put in a new 4D movie in place of EO. (I like Gator's TRON idea!)

I agree! The Carousel of Progress does have a good story line, but it needs a little refresh. And, I saw the Science Guy on a news show a month ago....WOW is he a lot (I mean a LOT) older! Really dated that ride for me.

tiggerbuddy
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Fix the Disco Yeti
Bring back original Journey into Imagination
A newer/updated "horizons"..:mickey:

azcavalier
10-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway. I would first make the cars electric. Second, I would re-theme it. Probably not with Cars like others have suggested, but possibly like something out of Meet the Robinsons....that kitschy, retro futuristic feel. That's more in keeping with what else is in Tomorrowland.

MickeysBestPal
10-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Oh, forgot to add my own....have to go with Country Bear Jam -

They just completed a major refurb of CBJ.

It just reopened about a week ago.

taleasoldastime
10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I forgot I would also bring back body wars! I loved that. I would revamp it though. Kind of like they did with star tours. And id do something with the wonders of life pavillion.
i also like the universe of energy ideaas people have posted.

am I allowed to do this many refurbs? I think id be in trouble for all the money I would be spending!

TheVBs
10-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway. I would first make the cars electric. Second, I would re-theme it. Probably not with Cars like others have suggested, but possibly like something out of Meet the Robinsons....that kitschy, retro futuristic feel. That's more in keeping with what else is in Tomorrowland.

Ooo! I really like that idea!

debbymc4
10-25-2012, 07:54 PM
I agree with the Tomorrowland Speedway and the Carousel of No-Progress. Picky...but I would also replace the carpeting on Small World. Last time I was there, it was worn and dirty-looking.

Lindsey310
10-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I would re-do carousel of progress, it smells musty in there.

I would replace stitch's great escape and tomorrow land speedway. :mickey:

epceddie
10-25-2012, 10:03 PM
I would make the first part of POC a little more exciting. I seem to remember the area to the right of the big ship with Captain Barbarossa being a more lit up and active scene. To me, it's been a little muted the last couple of times I've been on the ride. It should be a little more exciting and take your breath away as a battle scene.

RavsRuleDisney!
10-25-2012, 11:07 PM
They just completed a major refurb of CBJ.

It just reopened about a week ago.

Man, I really work quick!! :thumbsup: Good to know, will definately check it out next time down....

DisneyorBust
10-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Interesting topic......
AK- Restore the Yeti to his former glory, it was such a great effect.
DHS-Update Muppets 3D, great show but it does need to be reworked with modern 3D technology and please lose "Waldo".
Epcot- Torn between two: Soarin'- from what I have read, the Soarin' at DLR is in HD, cleareer picture etc. and WDW needs to show some love to Maelstrom, updated animatronics especially and a complete refurb.
AK-Dinosaur, it needs to be made a little more 'intense'. :thedolls:

joonyer
10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I would re-furb TomorrowLand Speedway. It has become old and tired and is completely lacking in theming, imagination and magic. It is no different than it was 40 years ago, and even then it was nothing more than a copy of every car driving ride in common amusement parks.

I like the idea of theming it to "Cars", simply because it fits so well, but it doesn't have to be. A futuristic theme would fit well too.
At any rate, I'd replace all the cars with newer electric ones, with digital sound effects, and music, and have the cars all be different, like the "Cars" Characters. The track area itself would be extensively re-themed to match the scenery of Radiator Springs (or whatever other location). I would also include a building to drive through so you could experience "night-time" with cool retro neon lights, or futuristic effects, etc.

Granny Jill A
10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
I would re-furb TomorrowLand Speedway. It has become old and tired and is completely lacking in theming, imagination and magic.

Couldn't agree more. Ride is noisy, smelly, and BORING.

Other re-furb idea: Soarin' needs an update, and they need to fix the scent thingys. I hardly noticed the fresh pine or orange grove smells last time I rode.

chriscwest45
10-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Hmmm.. per park

Magic Kingdom - Completely gut Stitch's great escape and put something new in there. Its just not good.
Also I would add Jungle Book characters, maybe Up characters the Jungle Cruise. I like it as it is, but I always see kids just not caring. If they knew the haracters maybe they would

Epcot - Primarily, take out that Lion King movie in the land and BRING BACK KITCHEN CABARET! Loved that as a kid

Animal Kingdom - Definently the Yeti fix. I think the other limited rides they have are good as is

Hollywood Studios - The Great Movie ride. My wife and I love it...the kids...not so much. The like the Wizard of Oz part...thats about it. Having the Sorceror's Apprentice section just be a video an not some live scene is pretty weak too

debbymc4
10-26-2012, 08:28 PM
AK-Dinosaur, it needs to be made a little more 'intense'. :thedolls:

GASP! I think that thing is the scariest ride in the whole place. I won't even go on it again.

WDWgoofy
10-26-2012, 08:47 PM
1 - Take out Stitch and put back Alien Encounter.
2 - Replace the nothingness that is the former Wonders of Life with a reborn WoL.
3 - Reinstall HISTA, since Imagination is apparently lacking?

bruin1344
10-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Universe of Energy - drop Ellen