PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy - Itinerary Changes

Ed
10-25-2012, 06:31 AM
DCL has posted the following on their website:

Tropical Weather Update

10/24/2012

We are currently monitoring Hurricane Sandy very closely as it moves north through the Caribbean towards The Bahamas.

As this time, the October 25, 2012 Disney Dream sailing will depart Port Canaveral as scheduled. However, given the predicted path of the storm, we realize that the ship's itinerary will need to be altered as the storm passes through The Bahamas.

Unfortunately, the storm is expected to produce tropical storm and hurricane force winds near Nassau and our private island, Disney's Castaway Cay for most of the day on Friday and early on Saturday.

The revised itinerary is as follows:
Thursday, October 25 - Port Canaveral, Florida
Friday, October 26 - Day at Sea
Saturday, October 27 - Nassau (pending weather conditions)
Sunday, October 28 - Port Canaveral, Florida

The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. If necessary, our Captains are always prepared to alter the ships' courses or itineraries to navigate away from inclement weather.

Mgcamp
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Further impact from Huricane Sandy. From the DCL website.

Tropical Weather Update
10/26/2012

We continue to monitor Hurricane Sandy very closely as it moves through The Bahamas, passing just off the coast of Florida.

At this time, we are notifying Guests sailing on Saturday, October 27, 2012 Disney Fantasy cruise that there is the potential of a delay in the boarding process should the wind conditions prohibit the ship from safely navigating the channel in Port Canaveral on Saturday morning.

Guests sailing on the October 27, 2012 voyage are advised to check our website or call us at 1-866-858-7416 on Saturday morning for updates and port operation hours before traveling to Port Canaveral. Our next scheduled update will be posted by 9 a.m. EST on Saturday, October 27, 2012.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during any potential delay and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

joanna71985
10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I was on the Oct 20th cruise. We ended up having to miss Castaway Cay because of the storm :(

waymickey
10-28-2012, 10:38 AM
CASTAWAY CAY is my main reason for going on the Disney cruise. I would be so upset if a storm came by and made me miss the island. I know disney can not control that but I would be crushed.

Lindsey310
10-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I was on the Oct 20th cruise. We ended up having to miss Castaway Cay because of the storm :(

How sad!!! :(

Castaway cay was amazing, I am so sorry you had to miss it!! :(

joanna71985
10-29-2012, 07:18 PM
How sad!!! :(

Castaway cay was amazing, I am so sorry you had to miss it!! :(

It was fine for me (I was able to go my last cruise). However, it was my sister's first cruise, and she was pretty disappointed.

I did understand why, though. The storm was pretty bad