PDA

View Full Version : SBETigg Live: ICOT 15 My Day One

SBETigg
10-24-2012, 09:10 PM
SBETigg aka Sherri, 44, Solo Traveler, Intrepid Reporter

Got up at 3 a.m. for my 6 a.m. flight, landed early, got to POP by 10. Check in was fast and smooth, thanks to pre-check in, and my room was ready! Wonders never cease. I like POP! It's bright, fun, my room looks brand new and spotlessly clean.

I'm in 1440, 50s Building 1, pretty close to the lobby.

I was headed to Epcot by 10:30. Managed to make it to the stop just in time to catch the bus, and I even got a seat.

Soarin' had a (Oh, I hear fireworks, must be Illuminations) 45 minute wait so I grabbed a Fastpass and got in line anyway (unsure if I would use the FP later). Rode Soarin, headed to World Showcase, tried:

Mexico Shrimp Taco (yum)

Strawberry Lime Margarita (5 o'clock somewhere)- but it was too sweet.

South Korea Mung Bean Shrimp pancake (interesting, worth a try)

Lobster Roll (most expensive item on F & W and not even worth a snack credit, simply awful).

I rode Maelstrom, the mexico Boatride, and had a little nap in American Adventure.

Then I met up with Jared and we had more stuff.

Japan Spicy Tuna Handroll (amazing).
Belgium waffle (good).

And I tried one of the rum drinks in China but yuck, couldn't finish it, like syrup. I'm not a fan of sweet drinks.

We rode the Imagination ride, the Land ride, and Spaceship Earth before we headed separate ways. Crowds in Epcot weren't bad.

And just when I thought I was done for the day, I ended up on a monorail headed for MK. Rode POTC (mermaids are subtle, pretty cool), Haunted Mansion, and returned to POP, where I scored a King cupcake (that I haven't tried yet- it's sitting on my table). Crowds in MK seemed thick, but it was nearly parade time.

Now I'm off to try to find some peeps at the bar. Tra la!

AgentC
10-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Great first day Sherri. See you tomorrow or Friday.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm glad you had a great first day!

We were at Epcot too ... it was wonderful, wasn't it?

DH got surprised though, he didn't realize that the Food & Wine kiosks didn't stay open during EMH. Oh well, we'll be back.

SBETigg
10-25-2012, 12:21 AM
It really was a beautiful Epcot day. I just met up with Briarrose Nikki and Katzateer Debbi and her husband Floyd. We had some fun talking and then we all hit the wall and had to seek our beds. Can't wait to meet more of you tomorrow. I'll be at AK and around and about.

January-2007
10-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks for reporting. The King cupcake looks so gross with the bacon on it, do tell us what you think!

mouseketeer mom
10-25-2012, 06:13 AM
I like it!!!

DisneyorBust
10-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Sounds like you had a great first day! It is always nice when you can secure your luggage in your room and then make your way to a park. Looking forward to reading of your experiences at the F&W Festival, DW and I have a number of items on our 'must try' list.

emerzmom
10-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Sounds like a fun 1st day! Can't wait to hear more.
:tink:
Julie

princessgirls
10-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Great Great Day!!!

Julie:mickey:

Niecyboo
10-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Finally got settled here at Pop! Will be looking for my clients tomorrow. Once I know what everyone looks like, I can look for you at the resort too.

yjgirl32
10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

buzznwoodysmom
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Sherri,

Sounds like an amazing first day. I don't know that I would ever have the nerve to do WDW solo, but you sure make it sound wonderful and easy. I could do what I want, when I want!

faline
11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Sherri, very nice first day!

Enjoyed having the chance to talk with you!!

pdrlkr
11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: