PDA

View Full Version : New ECV Rental Policy

TheDuckRocks
10-24-2012, 11:08 AM
At least this is new to me. Last night I saw this from another website and I called Disney today and it is true:

Effective Nov. 1, 2012, WDW will implement a new ECV rental policy. DIsney has selected 5 scooter/wheelchair/ECV rental companies as approved vendors. This means these companies are the ONLY companies allowed to drop off rentals at the front desk/bell stand ofa Disney resort for them to be held for guests. Guests using these companies will also be allowed to return their rentals to their resort's front desk when they check out. Vendors that are not on the approved list will now have to arrange specific meeting times with their customers and deliver the rental in person. Likewise, when the rental is completed, the guest must make arrangements to deliver the scooter to the company. Disney will no longer provide a courtesy hold/storage for vendors not on the approved list.

I called Disney this morning and here is the approved vendor list:
Apple Scooter
Best Price Mobility
Buena Vista Scooters
Care Medical Equipment
Scooter Bug

Thank goodness I'm using Apple for our trip in Jan.

figgie
10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for sharing the info!

Itchy
10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I agree, I am happy to see Apple on the list. They are great to work with.

It makes sense. I can only imagine how many different companies were dropping off scooters before.

ElenitaB
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Kay, thanks for getting the list. I'm so glad to see Apple on the list.

PETE FROM NYC
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I think this stinks. DW and I have our own ECVs, but I have used Apple in the past. As a matter of fact, we had to use Apple last month when DWs ECV broke down, and had to get a rental for four days and of course called Apple. This trip, I must say that I saw so many different rental companies in the parks, inluding a bunch that the names were new to me. I think this is a big blow to free enterprise, or someone is getting kickbacks.
Just my humble opinion.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2012, 10:23 PM
We picked up Mom's rental (from Apple) yesterday and I have to admit that there were a zillion EVC all waiting in the luggage storage area. I wonder if it was just getting to be too much, especially if some companies weren't picking them up in a timely manner.

Something else interesting, when we got her key from Bell Services, they mentioned that they will actually be making you sign for them starting November 1, instead of just handing it over like now.

TheDuckRocks
10-25-2012, 10:29 AM
When I first heard of the new policy, I was fairly outraged by the whole idea. After thinking it over I feel Disney is on the right track here. In the past we have gotten less than stellar service from some of the non-approved vendors. If those vendors were as uncooperative with Disney CMs as they were with me as one of their customers it is no surprise to me they didn't make the list. And as for making it to the list, I was pleased as could be to see Apple was included, they are the absolute best in my opinion.

Checkers
10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=TheDuckRocks, I was pleased as could be to see Apple was included, they are the absolute best in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

LVT
10-26-2012, 07:18 AM
I can readily see the limitation helping guests. I would not want to get a company with a bad rep. Just because they are a business, does not make it well run or trustworthy.

ransam
11-01-2012, 03:19 PM
it is not surprising to me that Apple is on the list. By far they hve the best customer service and prices in the orlando area.