PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental Return

dreamcatcher
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
First timer here, but thrilled with all the info available. Considering renting a car upon arrival at MCO to get to Universal for 2 days then on to Disney. Don't need it after that. I've read that it can be returned to Disney World, but on car rental websites, it will not accept it as a location. Does anyone know if this can be done?

VWL Mom
10-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Both National and Alamo have returns at the Car Care center or the Dolphin.

BTW :welcome: to INTERCOT

natstroop
10-23-2012, 05:26 PM
There's a Hilton in Downtown Disney that also does rentals. I know they do Avis and a few others. The address is 1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. You can see if a return is accepted there.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 05:38 PM
We did the exact same thing you are doing. But we didn't rent it right from the airport, we had the Alamo shuttle pick us up from AKL and rented the car there.
They gave us a ride back to AKL after we were done with the car in 2 days. Very very easy process. :)

By the way, :welcome: to intercot!!!!!! You will find a lot of knowledgeable people and we are here to help you with whatever you need. We are all obsessed with Disney! You will fit right in!

MargaretMessler
10-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Keep in mind that sometimes rental companies will charge extra if you return to a different location.

I would take Disney transport from the airport and then rent at an off airport site that will pick you up at your resort and bring you to the rental location.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Keep in mind that sometimes rental companies will charge extra if you return to a different location.

I would take Disney transport from the airport and then rent at an off airport site that will pick you up at your resort and bring you to the rental location.

Agree. We are looking at taking ME bus from airport to POR then getting a car at the Car Care rental or the Dolphin, haven't decided yet. Its generally cheaper to do it this way also, as there are fewer fees and taxes once you get away from the airport, plus in our case I think we can shave a day off the rental by not returning it to the airport.

BetsyELG
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
If price is a consideration, check out Sixt. My sister and I arrive a couple days early, rent a car for a couple days to go see our dad, return it to MCO and take Magical Express to the resort. We did this in May and got a great brand new vehicle (a Fusion, I think) for less than $30 per day. We will do this again this coming December and got the same rate. They pick you up from MCO and take you to their facility which is about 5 min. away. Hope this helps.

Gator
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Both National and Alamo have returns at the Car Care center or the Dolphin.

Oh, man. Wish I would've known that a few years back. Getting picked up by National and having to travel all over was such a pain.

bmj721
10-30-2012, 09:35 AM
We were there in Sept this year. Rented from Dollar at airport and dropped off at Wyndam about one block from DTD. The cost was the same as if we had gone back to airport. If we had rented and returned to Wyndham it would have been $200-300 more. Go figure. So, we dropped it off at Wyndham, walked to DTD, and shopped.