PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Disney break-up

figgie
10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Just recieved my copy of this month's Orlando magazine and was I surprised to read about the connection of the official break-up of The Beatles at Disney World. Yep, the official legal documents were signed by John Lennon at the Polynesian resort!

This is from the Orlando Magazine---

"Q : Did The Beatles really break up at Disney's Polynesian Resort?

A :Technically, yes. It was back in the days when you still needed a ticket book to ride--December 29, 1974, to be exact. The Fab Four hadn't played together for several years, but the breakup wasn't official until John Lennon signed a legal document brought to him by a lawyer while Lennon vacationed at Disney. May Pang, Lennon's companion at the time, related the moment in her 2008 book, Instamatic Karma: "He finally picked up his pen and, in the unlikely backdrop of the Polynesian Village Hotel at Disney World, ended the greatest rock 'n' roll band in history by simply scrawling 'John Lennon' at the bottom of the page."

Nobody remembers which room Lennon was staying in when he signed the paper, but it still exists. That's because although the Polynesian Resort has grown from the 636 rooms it had 38 years ago to the current 847, none have been removed during renovations, Disney officials say. So every day, somebody has a brush with history--and doesn't even know it."

---Wonder if it has ever been me ??? Or you...

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Wow, that's fascinating. I wouldn't have even pegged Lennon as a Disney guy. And then I was thinking, well, he was probably in a suite. But who knows. It could have been any room. And even more interesting that he was with May Pang and not Yoko at the time.

EpcotChic23
10-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Wow what a cool fact:thumbsup:

pianobabe
10-24-2012, 09:03 PM
That is just too cool!