PDA

View Full Version : How Would You Handle......

DisneyFr33k
10-23-2012, 11:47 AM
..... someone in the most magical place on earth not having a magical day?

How would you handle someone not being very nice?

taleasoldastime
10-23-2012, 12:05 PM
This happened to me on my last trip. We took my moms bf and his daughter. His daughter was 16 at the time and acted just like it. She pouted about absolutely everything. We would ask her what she wanted to do then we would do it and shed shrug her shoulders and say "its ok I guess." She was so ungrateful. So me and my mom decided that we weren't going to do what she wanted anymore. if she was unhappy thats her own issue. No sympathy here.
i guess we realized you cant make someone happy that doesnt want to be happy so do things you enjoy and ignore the grumpy people. Eventually they will look back and feel dumb for how they were the only angry person in a happy place.

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 12:06 PM
..... someone in the most magical place on earth not having a magical day?

How would you handle someone not being very nice?

Poor CMs have to deal with this all the time. Or, in some cases, it is the CMs not having a good day or being nice.

When I'm at Disney, I try not to let anything get me down. Things happen, and sometimes that's unrealistic, but for the most part-- I remind myself that I'm responsible for my own happiness.

DizneyRox
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Get in line for a Dole Whip or a Funnel Cake and keep on walking...

DisneyFr33k
10-23-2012, 01:05 PM
The reason I ask is one trip my daughter accidentally cut in line to get her mask stamped at one of the kidcot stations in Epcot. Before I could get to her another mother went off on her. Once I explained it was an accident, the mom went off on me!!!! :thedolls:

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 01:30 PM
The reason I ask is one trip my daughter accidentally cut in line to get her mask stamped at one of the kidcot stations in Epcot. Before I could get to her another mother went off on her. Once I explained it was an accident, the mom went off on me!!!! :thedolls:

There's no yelling in WDW.:mickey:

It's much easier to shrug off when it's you, though. When someone goes off on your kids, grrr. That's hard to take. I probably would have tried to diffuse the situation with as much grace as possible, then comforted my daughter and explained that some people handle stress differently. I hope you were able to get on with your day without any lasting discomfort.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 01:56 PM
How the heck can you not have fun in WDW?? That's un-American! Lol. DH and I went in september with my in-laws and niece, all first timers.
Our niece was typical pre-teen bratty at times and I just tried to ignore it. Most of the time she was good but when she said she didnt like Hollywood studios and thought AK was just ok I was like whattttttttttt???!!!!!!

Who can be in a bad mood in the most magical place on earth??!!!???? :mickey3:

DisneyFr33k
10-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Who can be in a bad mood in the most magical place on earth??!!!???? :mickey3:

That was my thought when that lady went off on us!

Ms. Mode
10-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Well, since you explained and apologized I think the rest was up to the other "mom".

I have, however, been in line and had several instances of line jumpers that just finally got to me. :blush:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
I just say "Oh Bless your heart, you must have forgotten that we are at WDW and there are no bad days. Now, take a deep breath, back out of my face and have a wonderful day." All said while smiling and I had to do that to someone that I got pushed into by someone else's rambunctious twins.

Did I mention that I'm Southern?!

azcavalier
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
I just say "Oh Bless your heart, you must have forgotten that we are at WDW and there are no bad days. Now, take a deep breath, back out of my face and have a wonderful day." All said while smiling and I had to do that to someone that I got pushed into by someone else's rambunctious twins.

I love this. "Bless your heart, and get out of my face." Nice.

steamboat willy
11-06-2012, 09:13 AM

Look HER straight in the eye with a BIG :D smile and say..... Sorry No Speak English. Have a GREAT Day and walk away...:laughing:
DON'T Step On My PIXY DUST!!!

badkitty
11-06-2012, 11:45 AM

:secret: I'm from CA and a friend from New Orleans recently explained to me what "bless your heart" really meant. Yep, that works for these crabby people!