PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decor at Resorts

missymouseworld
10-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Since DHS will have the Osbourne Lights on Nov 9th, and MK is having their first MVMCP on Nov 9th also, do you think the resorts will have their Christmas decorations up by then also? We would like to see the Gingerbread houses at the Grand Floridian, and the different trees decorated at the resorts. :tree::santa3:

buzznwoodysmom
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't think all the resorts will be decorated by Nov. 9th. Some might be starting, and maybe even a few done, but I wouldn't count on them all being decorated that early.

In 2007 and 2009 we were in WDW the week of Thanksgiving. Even then not all the resorts were decorated. Some were fully done, some were in the process, and some weren't even started. I particularly remember the Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge did not have any decorations up at the end of Thanksgiving week one of those years. Also a friend of mine was staying at WL the week before Thanksgiving and they watched as the tree went up late one night during their trip. The gingerbread house at GF was finished at the start of both of those trips, but I'm not sure how many days before our trip it was completed.

sportsguy2315
10-23-2012, 08:30 PM
As Denise said, the holiday decorations vary on where/when you go. For example, my work location in Epcot got decorations and the holiday music loop in mid-November, while MK was ready to go right after Halloween and other resorts (POR comes to mind) weren't ready until after Thanksgiving. Disney also doesn't release when they're putting stuff up, so its entirely possible you visit Epcot one day and there's nothing. You come later in your trip and boom, decorations are up.

missymouseworld
10-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Thank you for the information....I guess it is hit or miss depending on what park/resort you visit.

princesstina
10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
we will be at WDW the day after Thanksgiving and i sure hope all Christmas stuff is up.

rjmdds
10-24-2012, 12:21 PM
We were at the GF last year during the second week of November just as the first MVMCP started. During our week, we watched the construction of the gingerbread house in the lobby. It was quite interesting and almost as enjoyable as seeing the finished product. They finished it on the day we left. So if you want to head over to the GF, you should be able to catch the construction during your stay.

missymouseworld
10-24-2012, 01:14 PM
GREAT!!!! I am hoping we can go there and see the gingerbread house under construction, and maybe the final product.

steamboat willy
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Our First day will be December 10th, I think we'll see Holiday :tree: Decorations and maybe it will SNOW! :snowman:

45 days:santa::deer::santa: