PDA

View Full Version : SBETigg Live: ICOT 15 Pretrip report

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 11:02 AM
SBETigg- Sherri- 44- Solo Traveler, Intrepid Reporter

Due to new career developments, I'm on a tight deadline and will have to be writing instead of sleeping (much) before and after ICOT 15 activities. But this also means, have laptop, will be bringing you on-site trip reports.

Details:
Pop Century (my first value stay!) from Wednesday Oct 24 to Monday Oct 29 with park hopper and quick service dining plan. Pre-checked in.

Today:
I'm packing. Deciding what to bring, what to leave behind. Bathing suit, check. Jorts, check. Patriots cap, check. Guilt, leave behind.

My husband, son, and dad (also being left behind) will have to carry on without me. I've stocked the fridge. They should survive. My daughter is away at college, so I just have to remember to send her pictures of the good food I'm eating and she's not, because her campus food is disgusting (oh, is that mean?).

Tomorrow: My flight leaves Bradley (Hartford) at 6:05 am and I'm landing at 9:10 am and off on the DME to Pop Century, to be told that my room isn't ready yet and to drop off my carry-on.

Then, to Epcot. I might fit in a ride on Soarin' or Spaceship Earth before meeting up with Jared and his gf (and any other ICOT peeps) when they arrive in park for some fun with Food & Wine.

Let the games begin!

faline
10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Have fun Sherri! Looking forward to seeing you!!

Dopey's Girl
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah! Can't wait to meet you Sherri!

Katzateer
10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
SBETigg- Sherri- 44- Solo Traveler, Intrepid Reporter My daughter is away at college, so I just have to remember to send her pictures of the good food I'm eating and she's not, because her campus food is disgusting

Let the games begin!

My youngest is sooo upset she isn't going - but I promised her a 2 day trip during her semester break in Jan. (I know, win, win for me since I get to go twice).

And she feels the same way about her college meal plan. Next year when she has an apartment and has to do all the food stuff herself....wonder if she will miss her dining plan.

I promised her a Dr. who T shirt :thumbsup:
See you tomorrow by the pool, hopefully!

TiggeRia
10-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Have a safe flight. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else :)

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I promised her a Dr. who T shirt :thumbsup:
See you tomorrow by the pool, hopefully!

Oh, mine would love a Dr. Who shirt, too! I sense some shopping in our future.

Really looking forward to seeing you again, Linda, and to meeting you, Meg, Debbi, Ria, and everyone else.

AgentC
10-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Have a great flight. We'll be heading over Thursday after my son gets out of school.

And I'll probably have jorts too, maybe. I've discovered working at home has left me with a wardrobe that might be left a home, so I'll be heading to the store tomorrow.

SBETigg
10-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Have a great flight. We'll be heading over Thursday after my son gets out of school.

And I'll probably have jorts too, maybe. I've discovered working at home has left me with a wardrobe that might be left a home, so I'll be heading to the store tomorrow.

The problem of working at home. My Disney philosophy is that you have to be comfortable. I'll be in sneakers, shorts, easy comfortable things. Nothing too dressed up. And my usual Disney hair is in a ponytail under a cap, so... not sure that will change. Practical choices win over style sometimes.

Niecyboo
10-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Cant' wait to meet you too! See you at Pop. I am so ready to be at Disney.

sportsguy2315
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
My daughter is away at college, so I just have to remember to send her pictures of the good food I'm eating and she's not, because her campus food is disgusting (oh, is that mean?).

By all means, no! :blush: I would often have days when I had an off day on my CP and I'd be in the parks and call DGF between classes. The conversation would go something like this.

Me: Hi honey, How are you?

DGF: Good.

Me: I'm doing well, I'm just waiting in line for (insert attraction here) while you have class in 10 minutes. (When it got colder in MN, I would also be certain to include the temperature)

Yes, I realize that I wasn't the best bf, but I had to brag. I guess karma's finally biting me because I'm the one in school during ICOT 15.

January-2007
10-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Have a wonderful time!

yjgirl32
10-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Enjoy!!!!

mouseketeer mom
10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Jorts, check.
:funny:

Katzateer
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Ok, after 2 trains, one plane and the bus - we are here!!!!!

DisneyorBust
10-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Have a great time at the Icot 15 celebration! I wish that DW and I could be there to join in the fun. I guess I'll just have to survive the next ten days until we return to the "World"
Have a fantastic time!