PDA

View Full Version : pools in December?

jwallace378
10-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Are all of the pools heated at the resorts....more specific, the one at AKL? We'll be staying there the 2nd week of December and was wondering what the pool was like. I've never been to WDW in "cool" weather so I'm not sure if they are heated.

Strmchsr
10-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Yes, all resort pools are heated. You can almost always get in the water. It's getting out of the water that can be a problem on really chilly days.

Gator
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
We always go for a swim once during our trips in the winter. The water is always really nice. But that cold wind meeting you when you get out is very unpleasant.

buzznwoodysmom
10-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes, all pools are supposed to be heated. We always use the pools at least once during winter trips and the water has always been plenty warm. Like other's have already pointed out, it's the getting out the pool in the cool air that might be uncomfortable. There is also a good chance that the weather will be perfect for swimming, even in December. We were there the entire week of Chrstmas last year and we could have swam, comfortably, every single day. The highs were between 75-80 just about every day.

tink88
10-23-2012, 03:54 PM
You will enjoy the heated pools but our weather in December is usually exceptionally nice so don't worry about too much of a chill. Have a great time :mickey:

Strmchsr
10-23-2012, 04:33 PM
You will enjoy the heated pools but our weather in December is usually exceptionally nice so don't worry about too much of a chill. Have a great time :mickey:

The only caveat to that is this winter is looking to be abnormally cool for Florida, so folks will need to keep that in mind when planning.

epceddie
10-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't think that all of the pools are heated. The pool at the Poly is always cold and some of the quiet pools at Saratoga Springs are a lot warmer than others.
I love being in the pools in December and January. It's the getting out and getting back to the table that can be really cold. Especially on a windy day.

buzznwoodysmom
10-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't think that all of the pools are heated. The pool at the Poly is always cold and some of the quiet pools at Saratoga Springs are a lot warmer than others.
I love being in the pools in December and January. It's the getting out and getting back to the table that can be really cold. Especially on a windy day.

Really? We found the pool at the Poly to be very warm. We stayed there one year in Dec. and the water was super warm, like bath water.

Lindsey310
10-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Last December we stayed at the boardwalk and the pool was heated. Have a great time :pixie: