PDA

View Full Version : Getting from AK to DTD

the other micki
10-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Please tell me the best way to get from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney. My thought was AK to AKL to DTD... We'll be relying on the busses.

Dopey's Girl
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
That is what I would do. It's the closest resort to the park, so transferring should be fairly painless.

Lindsey310
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Please tell me the best way to get from Animal Kingdom to Downtown Disney. My thought was AK to AKL to DTD... We'll be relying on the busses.

Exactly. The only other one I would try would be AK to Saratoga then either walk or take another bus. Sometimes we decide on which bus came first (AKL or Saratoga):thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
10-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I like the bus to POR then boat to DTD route from any park. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
10-22-2012, 05:40 AM
They don't run busses from the parks to DTD anymore? I know they don't run from DTD to the parks, but for a while they ran one the other way.

If not, I'd probably take one of the first resort busses (not a MK resort however), then bus over. SS would be my preference, you can walk to DTD from there.

A Big Kid
10-22-2012, 07:29 AM
I like the bus to POR then boat to DTD route from any park. :thumbsup:

That....either the PORS or POFQ. FQ being the shorter boat ride.

A Big Kid
10-22-2012, 07:31 AM
They don't run busses from the parks to DTD anymore? .

No. Because people would do just that to avoid parking fees which would take up the limited parking at DTD for actual DTD visitors.

Donald A
10-23-2012, 06:49 PM
No. Because people would do just that to avoid parking fees which would take up the limited parking at DTD for actual DTD visitors.

I have seen a lot of people doing this. People know they can go to a monorail resort for the Magic Kingdom for EPCOT and Beach Club for EPCOT. Of course in the morning I am not sure if the bus drivers ask for room keys.

Any option outlined would work but I would probably do the bus to Saratoga Springs and walk. Just be aware that there are several stops within this resort. Get off near the main pool to get to the West Side (Path or boat near Turf Club) and to get to the Market Place you'll have to get of near the walking path. I am not sure of that stop off hand.