PDA

View Full Version : Boat from DTD to POFQ?

Maleficent_vf
10-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Finally planning a trip back to WDW. :cloud9: Our first day we're having dinner at POR and I thought it would be nice to take the boat from DTD to POFQ and walk to POR, but I'm not sure where the boat docks are. Looking at the "map" I see docks by Cap'n Jack's - is that the right spot?

Also, about how long is the journey? We've never been to the Port Oleans resorts - any "must see" things?

Thanks!

Fangorn
10-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes, the boat dock in DTD is near Cap'n Jacks. Make sure you get on the correct boat, as there are two boats there - Port Orleans and Old Key West.

Once the boat leaves the dock it's about a 15-20 minute trip to POFQ. You don't have to get off at FQ and walk to POR, although you certainly can if you'd like. The boat will continue on from POFQ to POR, which is another 5-10 minutes (once you leave the dock). The dock at POR is at the main building where Boatwright's is located.

It's a very relaxing trip.

Steve

Gator
10-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Make sure if you're taking the boat late in the evening to ask the boatman if it's the last run. On one trip we made, another couple was on board and the boatman said "This is the last trip. We won't be returning." The other couple ignored it and when we got to POR, they were shocked when they found out that they'd have to catch a bus back to DTD. The boatman definitely wouldn't budge and take them back. So check :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
It is a fun way to get to POR, and a nice change from the busses.

I would just stay on at get off at POR, although the walk from POFQ to POR isn't far, it isn't super awesome either.

If you do decide to walk, don't stick right along the water, it is nice to walk through the "streets" of POFQ.

You could get the boat right to POR, walk back to POFQ and get a couple of beignets in the food court for dessert.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I would just stay on at get off at POR, although the walk from POFQ to POR isn't far, it isn't super awesome either.

:confused: You lost me here . . . .

faline
10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
:confused: You lost me here . . . .

The boat from Downtown Disney stops at both Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter so the original poster would not need to disembark at French Quarter and walk to Riverside.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
oooooh . . . . okay . . . .

I got a little messed up when they were saying it wasn't awesome to do. I think it is very awesome to walk by the river ~ either way. :cloud9: