PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Baby Birthday?

Pepefan
10-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Our darling little baby girl will be having her Golden Birthday (turning 1) during our upcoming trip. I'm trying to think of something we can do that would be extra fun and special for her. We will have over 20 people in our party of all different ages, and it's going to be our only day when we're all together, so I will need to think of something either at the hotel (Pop Century) or at the Magic Kingdom, since that's where everyone wants to spend our one big day together. It doesn't have to be anything fancy -- she'll only be one and won't know the difference. I just want to make it a little bit special, since it is her first and her Golden Birthday!

faline
10-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Maybe you can order a birthday cake to be available at whatever restaurant you might be gathered at that day?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-20-2012, 09:05 AM
I was thinking the same thing, a big group meal with a cake!

You could also do a big group shot with a favourite character, and a "Happy Birthday" sign. It could be a cool keepsake.

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2012, 10:53 AM
If you follow the tradition of getting baby's first haircut after they turn one you could start the day with a first haircut at the barber shop in MK. I don't know if they still do this, but they used to give a free pair of Mickey ears and I think a "first hair cut" certificate. You can either have "First Hair Cut" or her name embroidered on the ears at the hat shop on Main Street. That would be something special. You could video it and take tons of pics. If it were my child I'd probably start the day out this way, with just my immediate family.

Then I'd plan a meal, perhaps a character meal either in MK or at one of the monorail resorts, with the rest of your party. And I agree with the other posters who recommended ordering a birthday cake. I've ordered two cakes in the past and it makes a birthday meal feel special.

Itchy
10-20-2012, 12:42 PM
You might try the Crystal Palace at MK. One of my grand daughters and I have our Bday one day apart. We had dinner at Crystal Palace and informed them at check in that we were celebrating Bdays for the grand daughter and I.

We both got a lot of attention from the characters and the waitress. They provided us with a cup cake with candle and a signed Bday card by all of the characters and waitress. This is something that I did not expect.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

Pepefan
10-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Great ideas! I think it would be so cute to have her first haircut done (provided she has hair by then:mickey:) and then maybe we could try for Crystal Palace. I hope other guests won't mind the commotion when she does the traditional sticking-her-face-in-the-cake thing!

buzznwoodysmom
10-21-2012, 02:11 PM
I hope other guests won't mind the commotion when she does the traditional sticking-her-face-in-the-cake thing!

Oh absolutely not! I can't imagine another guest having issues with a first birthday celebration at any of the character meals. I personally would be thrilled to witness any child digging into their cake for a first birthday celebration.

Disney Doll
10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
We celebrated our oldest son's 1st birthday in MK. We started the day with a character breakfast at Crystal Palace. He got a free cupcake and a birthday card signed by the characters. We also did the first haircut and I can't recommend that experience enough. We had a special shirt made indicating that he was celebrating his first birthday and I think that added to the fun.

Forgot to mention the birthday button from City Hall. It made for a nice little keepsake. We still have it and DS is turning 5 today.

Dopey's Girl
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I hope other guests won't mind the commotion when she does the traditional sticking-her-face-in-the-cake thing!

I think you would find quite the opposite. As a frequent guest, I would love to see this kind of celebration! Many places will even bring you a special cupcake if you indicate on your ADR that you are celebrating a birthday! That would be fun, and much cheaper than a cake!

ANG
10-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Just a recommendation to make an appointment for the haircut. We went to try to get DS1's first cut there and it was swamped. It's a very small storefront, just be prepared :mickey:

I agree with a PP, a banner or sign you ask a character(s) to hold during a photo is a terrific idea.

Airblue1
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
We just did this in May so here is what we did:
There was a total of 5 including birthday girl
1. I ordered matching tee shirts for us
2. We all had Mickey ears with our names on them including Bday girl
3. We made ressies at CRT before park opening so we could get pics of the family and it looked as if nobody was in the park, almost our own private photo shoot
4. When the rope dropped she was the first to ride Cinderella's horse
5. At night we did the tomorrowland fireworks and wishes dessert part
6. We had a bday cake delivered to CRT, yeah it was early but she didn't know or care and everyone sang happy bday to her.
We hope you have an outstanding magical experience:wishes::wishes:

Pepefan
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks, everyone! Great ideas!

So I just got ADR's for Crystal Palace, which I'm hoping I remember correctly is the Pooh characters. I did this online, so I wonder if I should call the reservation line and talk to a real person to see about getting a cupcake for her? Also, what number should I call to make a reservation for a haircut?

She's going to have such a wonderful Golden Birthday!

Airblue1
10-26-2012, 09:03 PM
18 dollars for the haircut. you have to go through disney, go to there website and search it there. I have never done, but it sounds great!!! Your reservation on line does work, however if you call Disney about the haircut ask about the cupcake also. Crystal Palace is Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger. You are gong to have the BESSSSTTT time!!

IloveJack
10-31-2012, 11:07 AM
I did this online, so I wonder if I should call the reservation line and talk to a real person to see about getting a cupcake for her? Also, what number should I call to make a reservation for a haircut?

We've made a tradition of spending 1st birthdays at WDW. We have a character breakfast and then spend the day at MK, including getting a haircut. To get a reservation for it, call the dining number, then ask to be connected to the "children's activities." We've walked right in both times we've done this, but the barber told us last time that it's hard to get ressies, simply because they don't publicize the way to do it. Early in the morning, or close to closing should be fairly open anyhow.
As for a birthday cupcake, just let the dining people know when you book your ADRs (or call them back) that you're celebrating a birthday, and they'll bring a cupcake out as part of the meal. They also typically bring a printed autographed card or placemat.