PDA

View Full Version : Run Disney anyone?!

Christine
10-19-2012, 07:06 PM
I am staring at the calendar realizing in 3 weeks I'll be running the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon...

Alone. Hubby doesn't run (not even when chased.) DD13 won't run. Friends won't run.

Is anyone going? Anyone want a running buddy?

It'd be so cool if INTERCOT folks would unite to run. Every race I've been too ive heard the stage announcer give a shout out to the AllEars folks.

I think we need an INTERCOT running group!

arbie_c
10-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I sure wish I lived closer. I have the bug to do one of the Run Disney events. They just look like so much fun. I'm in the same boat as you. DH doesn't run & none of my friends run so I even skip a lot of local 5ks because I don't like going alone.

Laura

Simba's Mom
10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I bet DH wishes he were there. He'd planned to do the Goofy Challenge, but an operation for 2 hernias got in the way. He did the F&W half marathon last year and loved, loved the experience.

KH
10-20-2012, 11:03 AM
We have a family group doing the race- DS (14), DD (17), DW (she'd kill me), my sister and her DH, and me- but we'll be doing a mix of walking/ running. We'll be going slowly to accommodate me. Just two months ago I had a major surgery followed by a pulmonary embolism, and I'm very happy that I'm alive and able to participate in any way!

I've run the Jamuary half at WDW twice, and that race is a real hoot. I hope that this race is as much fun, and the post race party looks fantastic!

My sister jokes that she's worried about running through AK at night. Eight thousand runners go in, and only six thousand come out- and Disney doesn't have to buy meat for the carnivores for a month!

Christine, you're welcome to join us and then take off on your pace if you'd like.

MNNHFLTX
10-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Many years ago I was a runner, believe it or not (do I hear a snicker out there?) I did many 10K's (but no marathons or half-marathons) and eventually I had to give it up as it was doing a number on my knees. So now I happily walk and bike and cheer on people doing the the running events!

Good luck with the race, Christine (and all the other INTERCOT participants)! Just make sure you're healthy this time, okay? :hands:

Christine
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Christine, you're welcome to join us and then take off on your pace if you'd like.

So nice of you! I'll PM you as it gets closer!!

Good luck with the race, Christine (and all the other INTERCOT participants)! Just make sure you're healthy this time, okay? :hands:

Will do!!!

Lindsey310
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I sure wish I lived closer. I have the bug to do one of the Run Disney events. They just look like so much fun. I'm in the same boat as you. DH doesn't run & none of my friends run so I even skip a lot of local 5ks because I don't like going alone.

Laura

Ditto for me. It was a warm 73 degrees here in RI today and I suggested DH we go for a run ( I usually work out almost every day) and he looked at me like I had 5 heads. Went by myself again :confused:

brownie
10-21-2012, 10:20 AM
If I was closer I'd be running in some RunDisney events. Running in a RunDisney event is on my bucket list.