PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare

Belle_0717
10-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I just wanted to say I am very disappointed in 1900 Park Fare. DH & I dined there for breakfast back in '08 and thought it was okay. Nothing striking on the menu and the character interaction was blah for just 2 "kids at heart". So when DH suggested ressies for our trip last week with our twin DDs at dinner, I said I'll try it, hoping for better. Still no good. We felt rushed by the server, rushed by the characters. We were not happy with the food selection - we felt the meats were salty and the fish was iffy at best. The girls didn't mind the food but we had one picky that evening and the server was accommodating - after more than 20 minutes and begging somewhat on my part. The plus was the photopass cast member was very helpful. Needless to say we sank $75 down the drain and will never return.

Has anyone else felt the same? Any other meals I should second guess before our next trip in February - my 30th trip, DH 40th bday & twin DD's 3rd bday.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad experience!

1900 Park Fare has been one of our favourites, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come ... we have an ADR there next week.

buzznwoodysmom
10-19-2012, 10:36 AM
We had dinner at Park Fare back in 2007 and it was the worst meal we've ever had in WDW, maybe worst meal I've had anywhere. The food was down right disgusting. We had a group of 15, and only one person thought the meal was "ok", everyone else was severely disappointed. Character interaction was great, but the food.......:sick:

steamboat52
10-19-2012, 10:52 AM
We went there in 2010. It was one of the worst dining experiences we've ever had, in or out of WDW. We were rushed by the waitress, brought the wrong drinks and never brought the correct ones, the food was dry and tasteless. Then, after paying, the waitress came back and asked for more of a tip than I had left! I was appalled. I'll never eat there again.

Fortunately, it was the only blemish on an otherwise wonderful trip.

Pirate Granny
10-19-2012, 11:24 AM
We had breakfast in 2011, wonderful experience and the food was great!

TinkerbellT421
10-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Had breakfast in 2011 and thought it was great.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience :(

Gator
10-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Hmm. This is one of those moments where I really surprised. I've been there twice for breakfast and dinner, and love each visit. Thought the characters were great and the food was good (not great). Sorry to hear that.

SBETigg
10-19-2012, 12:50 PM
I love the Grand Floridian Cafe so much that I've never actually tried 1900 Park Fare. Though, I have seen some glowing reviews, and some not so good. Our worst dining experience was at Coral Reef, but it was a long time ago now. I'm also not a fan of Kona Cafe, but other people love it. So it goes. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

ElenitaB
10-19-2012, 08:33 PM
FYI - there's a new chef @ 1900 Park Fare, as of last year. He previously worked at Boma and more recently at 'Ohana. Of course, he does have days off. But if you last ate there in '07, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Sorry that the OP had a bad experience. :(

mariak
10-19-2012, 08:53 PM
It makes me sad to hear that. 1900 PF is definitely one of our top 5! We love the variety...I can get California rolls and salmon, DH can have chicken and peel and eat shrimp, DD1 can get beef with the horseradish sauce she loves, and DD2 can get mac'n'cheese or whatever. The food has always been incredible. We've always had great character visits too. I just wish we'd see the mice again. We haven't seen them there since our first visit when DD2 was a year old and they scared the heck out of her. In the past year, we've eaten at 1900 PF 3 times and haven't had a single complaint. :confused:

Maria

RavsRuleDisney!
10-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Suprised as well. We have eaten there for breakfast and dinner and no bad experiences. Nothing memorable or a "top 5" nominee type place but no issues. Too bad.

taleasoldastime
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Its interesting to me that the character interactions weren't that great for you. when I went there I had the best character interaction I have ever had. The prince talked to us for nearly 20 minutes and it looked like the people next to use were getting impatient but we just had so much to talk about! he really took his time. And we teased the step sisters the whole meal. I will always remember that dinner.
I hope you decide to give it another shot. Sometimes its just hit or miss with these kinds of things.

AgentC
10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
We ate there last November. I wasn't really impressed by the food. It wasn't bad but wasn't great either and I really didn't think there was a good variety.

However the character interaction was top notch. Lady Tremaine and the step sisters were a riot. My daughter got to dance with the Prince and Cinderella. She was in heaven. It does sound like an off night for the characters. I think sometimes too it matters where you are seated. Some tables there are more in the middle of the action.

CMCTxMom
10-22-2012, 03:02 PM
I had been thinking of breakfast there in January - which characters are there???

thanks

AgentC
10-22-2012, 03:20 PM
I had been thinking of breakfast there in January - which characters are there???

thanks

I did breakfast there a couple of years ago. We had fun. The characters were Tigger, Pooh, Mad Hatter, Alice and Mary Poppins. I believe they are still there, but someone who has been more recently might be able to confirm.

Mackflava99
10-22-2012, 04:48 PM
We have gone to 1900 Park Fare , the past 3 trips and have had a very good experience for each one.
The food has been very good, and the character experience has been awesome, I am sorry to hear you had a bad time.

We had some great interactions with the step sisters, they always seem to have fun.